• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Drinking ticket

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

FionMacCumhail

What is the name of your state? New York.

I'm 17 and I went out to Brooklyn last night from Long Island to see a hardcore show. I drank about a 40 earlier on but that was about 7 hours ago (the show lasted from 2 to 1 A.M.). I bought a can of beer from a local convenience store and carried it in a bag back to the front of the show. Almost immediately after I open the can, some cops come from out of nowhere (I think they were undercover because I saw them get back into a normal looking car later). Here I am scared stiff and one of them chastises me a bit, she asks me if I have any id and of course I say no (bad move I know). They search me, find my high school id. Write me up a ticket it says, "Alcholic (open can)"

Basically first offense, have no idea what to do. I don't want a lecture because believe me I'm sure I'm in for plenty more as soon as I tell my parents. Could anyone possibly help me out?

moburkes

What is the name of your state? New York.

I'm 17 and I went out to Brooklyn last night from Long Island to see a hardcore show. I drank about a 40 earlier on but that was about 7 hours ago (the show lasted from 2 to 1 A.M.). I bought a can of beer from a local convenience store and carried it in a bag back to the front of the show. Almost immediately after I open the can, some cops come from out of nowhere (I think they were undercover because I saw them get back into a normal looking car later). Here I am scared stiff and one of them chastises me a bit, she asks me if I have any id and of course I say no (bad move I know). They search me, find my high school id. Write me up a ticket it says, "Alcholic (open can)"

Basically first offense, have no idea what to do. I don't want a lecture because believe me I'm sure I'm in for plenty more as soon as I tell my parents. Could anyone possibly help me out?
Contact an attorney.

xylene

Exactly what does the ticket say you are charged with (code / citation number)

Given you are a minor (under 18) your ability to keep this under raps is going to be very small, almost nill.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">