• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

drug and alcohol classes

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

TMDM817

What is the name of your state?pa
My 17 yr old son was arrested for burgerly.Him and 4 of his friends decided to rob two auto dealers.The first place,my son never went in,but an 18 yr old with him went in and stole a bag of pretzels(DUM).They went to another dealer and this time my son went in with them.My son didn't take anything personally but the other kids took car keys,registration plates,a gun,and two cars.My son wasn't driving either car.The cars were recovered by the cops about 5 minutes later.They didn't catch any of the kids yet.The cars were not damaged.He is charged with a couple of felonies.The gun charge was dropped because my son told the cops that the other kid had it in his house.When they searched the house they found the gun.
Drugs or alcohol were not involved at all.My son saw his probation officer today and he told him that he is going to send him for drug and alcohol classes.My son did tell him that he tried drugs before but he stopped after all this.My son asked him to give him a drug test to prove to him that he is telling the truth.But he hasn't yet.Two of the other boys that were with him that day already failed thier drug test.My question after all this is:Can the probation officer send my son for drug and alcohol classes even if the crime had nothing to do with drugs and he hasn't even gave him a drug test yet?Just for the record my son has turned his life around.He went from a f student to a b student.He goes to school and then straight to work(union job).then comes home and does his homework.
Thank you for all your time.Any advice would be appericated.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">