• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

emancipated

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

dustinlee1031

I am 17 years old. I live in florida now with my dad. I used to live at my grandmothers house but my mother was/is my legal guardian. I have not been under my mothers care for about 2 years now. She has never really been a part of my life. I now have a daughter who is 3 months old. I am trying to support her my girlfriend (with her help) and myself. I am now up in north florida with my dad. if I where to try to get emancipated could he sign the paperwork to do so?

At this moment I have not tried to go to the courts because I want to get some more information before I go in head first.

CSO286

I am 17 years old. I live in florida now with my dad. I used to live at my grandmothers house but my mother was/is my legal guardian. I have not been under my mothers care for about 2 years now. She has never really been a part of my life. I now have a daughter who is 3 months old. I am trying to support her my girlfriend (with her help) and myself. I am now up in north florida with my dad. if I where to try to get emancipated could he sign the paperwork to do so?

At this moment I have not tried to go to the courts because I want to get some more information before I go in head first.
Sweetie, you're a child who has a child.

You made the case against your emancipation all by yourself. You've proven more supervision is needed, not less.

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
Not to mention that in Florida, your parent or legal guardian must sign the petition. If he or she won't, you're licked before you start. And no, there are no exceptions. Not even if.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">