• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

emancipation

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

headstrong6063

What is the name of your state? Indiana

I'm 17 and I want to move out. I have a job, I make good money and everything. What papers would my parents have to sign to let me move out? Where do I get the papers? I went to the clerks office in the courthouse and they said go to the library?? and i went there and they said go to the clerks office so idk what to do. thanks

biancaluvzjosh

headstrong6063 said:

I'm 17 and I want to move out. I have a job, I make good money and everything. What papers would my parents have to sign to let me move out? Where do I get the papers? I went to the clerks office in the courthouse and they said go to the library?? and i went there and they said go to the clerks office so idk what to do. thanks
Someone told me that you would get them at a juvenile court...

BelizeBreeze

headstrong6063 said:

Unless and until you are fully emancipated by the courts, you are still a minor. Even so, unless you go through formal emancipation and have the court approve your case, no one is going to rent to you, sell you anything on contract or otherwise treat you as an adult.

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
biancaluvzjosh said:
Someone told me that you would get them at a juvenile court...
Bianca dear,
Go sun yourself on the beach.
As for the OP,
to be emancipated takes more than your parents signing forms. It is going to require you proving to a court that you have what it takes to be emancipated.

headstrong6063

Ive read about emancipation alot on the net. and what i read theres three differenty ways of emancipation. One you file the petition and prove to the courts u can make it. 2 your parents force u to move out and become emancipated or 3 you and ur parents come to an aggreement about the minor to move out (which doesnt require a judge to decide, just papers to sign and thats it) and this site said the only time a judge gets involved is when the minor and the parent don't agree and so he has to decide. is this not right?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">