• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Emancipation for CA teen

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

justalayman

If it is questions 1-7 on the mc 300, I have to agree with the others. They are simple and straight forward questions.

CdwJava

Emancipation is rarely granted. Even if you minimally qualify, understand that emancipation is not to make life easier for you, it is to grant you the legal right to act independently because you have probably already been living on your own or providing for yourself.

So, are you already living on your own through no fault of your own? Or, are you simply unhappy at home and seeking some form of change? DETAILS matter. And, understand, that if your parents are unfit the answer is generally NOT emancipation, but, instead, foster care.

Eekamouse

Emancipation is rarely granted. Even if you minimally qualify, understand that emancipation is not to make life easier for you, it is to grant you the legal right to act independently because you have probably already been living on your own or providing for yourself.

So, are you already living on your own through no fault of your own? Or, are you simply unhappy at home and seeking some form of change? DETAILS matter. And, understand, that if your parents are unfit the answer is generally NOT emancipation, but, instead, foster care.
No, no, no! That may be the correct legal answer but it's not the one teenagers want to hear. You're ruining everything! :D

CdwJava

No, no, no! That may be the correct legal answer but it's not the one teenagers want to hear. You're ruining everything! :D
Haha!

I have a tad bit of experience with teenagers ... I have three FORMER teens of my own, one CURRENT teen, and used to teach high school! Lotsa drama!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">