• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Emancipation in CO

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

clairebear101

What is the name of your state? Colorado
I'm am 15 and i will be truning 16 in two months. My mom, dad, and I never get along and we are always fighting, and it has come to a point where my parents are hitting me and i can't take the emotional abuse anymore. My family issues are now affecting my school work. I have thought long and hard about emancipation and i have researched it and i have a job and i am looking to get emancipated and move out. But i was reading another post and the only way that i could live somewhere else is if i get an apartment with a roommate and i already have one in mind and i have known them for a long time, but are you not allowed to get emancipated if you have to live with a roommate? and i have no idea where to go to get emancipated and i have looked online and found no where. i just need to get out of my house. can someone please help me?

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
Colorado does not have a statute to emancipate a minor; therefore there is no procedure for it.

If you do not have your parent's permission to move out, you can't. With or without a roommate. Not till you are 18.

If you are being abused, call CPS.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">