• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Emancipation!!!!!!!!!Desprite for an answer

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

KD123

Im in indiana and me and my girlfriend are 17 and we have a child and my grandmother kicked us out of the house and were basically homeless and im at the library on a computer and we trying to figure out how she or i can get emancipated because we trying to get on HUD housing so could somebody please tell us how we could get this started it would be greatly appreciated.

CourtClerk

Im in indiana and me and my girlfriend are 17 and we have a child and my grandmother kicked us out of the house and were basically homeless and im at the library on a computer and we trying to figure out how she or i can get emancipated because we trying to get on HUD housing so could somebody please tell us how we could get this started it would be greatly appreciated.
31-34-20-6. Emancipation of child.

(a) The juvenile court may emancipate a child under section 1(5) [IC 31-34-20-1(5)] of this chapter if the court finds that the child:
(1) wishes to be free from parental control and protection and no longer needs that control and protection;
(2) has sufficient money for the child's own support;
(3) understands the consequences of being free from parental control and protection; and
(4) has an acceptable plan for independent living

It would appear that the 2 of you would be (to me) ineligible for emancipation seeing as if the only plan you two have is to try and figure out a way to have someone else support you (HUD housing) and probably requiring public assistance.

turbowray

Both of you must prove that you have held down a full time job, you can ask for HUD later after you get a place without assistance. You must make enough to support yourself, so both of you have to go before a judge and tell them why they should allow this, you both go seperately, since you both are asking for emancipation, not just one of you. Are you attending school? If you are a drop out, you can forget it, even with a job. If you have gotten in trouble with the law, you can forget it. Who has custody of each of you??

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">