• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Emancipation help

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

miss_maggie

What is the name of your state? Illinois. I am 16 years old I will be turning 17 in a few months. I have found out that im 1 and a half months pregnant. My boyfriend is joining the Army National Guard and will be out of state in Boot Camp until Dec. My parents are rock hard christians they don't approve of him and said if they ever found out we had sex they would make it so i could not see him ever again.They do not let me make my own decisions and im forced to beleive what they beleive. When he gets back we would like to move in together until then I have a friend who is 20 years old he goes to college and is a manager of a shoe store who says i can move in with him. I have a job where i make about $650-$750 a month i have a car and a savings of $550 to get started on. Is religion differances and my child enough to get me emancipated? And if so how do I go about doing that?

Happy Trails

miss_maggie said:
What is the name of your state? Illinois. I am 16 years old I will be turning 17 in a few months. I have found out that im 1 and a half months pregnant. My boyfriend is joining the Army National Guard and will be out of state in Boot Camp until Dec. My parents are rock hard christians they don't approve of him and said if they ever found out we had sex they would make it so i could not see him ever again.They do not let me make my own decisions and im forced to beleive what they beleive. When he gets back we would like to move in together until then I have a friend who is 20 years old he goes to college and is a manager of a shoe store who says i can move in with him. I have a job where i make about $650-$750 a month i have a car and a savings of $550 to get started on. Is religion differances and my child enough to get me emancipated? And if so how do I go about doing that?
Duplicate post--go to: https://forum.freeadvice.com/showthread.php?t=270298

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">