• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Emancipation help

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

D_E_M_O

What is the name of your state?

California

Well this is my first time posting here so don't get mad or ban me if i posted in the wrong thread or there already is a thread just for emancipation set up here. If there is please direct me to it. thank u. but other then that here's my question's and situation...

I'm a 17 year old male and i live in Benicia, CA. That's where my mom lives and right now i'm not living there. I'm actually living in the neighboring city of Vallejo with my grandma right now. A lot of things have been happening lately and emancipation is what i'm going for now, because temporary guardianship isn't working out because of my mother and father refusing to sign. Basically i havn't seen my father in about a year and same thing with talking to him. He's also made no attempt to contact me in anyway either. Me and him have one of the worst relationships ever and i have no thought in my mind of seeing him as family, looking for him to help,.... He lives with my grandma (dad's side of the family) because he can't support himself nevertheless support me. In my whole time living there he was never there for me physically ( he was always gone ), mentally ( didn't care for what i had to say or ever talked to me ), financially ( only paid maybe 200$ out of me living with him for years). I never lived with my mom till i left his house and ended up at my moms. With my mom, she was never a part of my life as i grew up, i saw her maybe once a week and thats all. I hate living with here becuase she will not allow me to get a job, license, car, anything that basically happens that a teenager would start to do as they grow up. I left that house and got a job and now live with my grandma presently. I'm looking for emancipation because i need to get a license and bank account and things like that to help myself with school and my job. (junior in highschool). Is there anyway anyone out there can help me in my situation on what i need to do to get emancipated? what do i need to show a judge? forms? parental consent?...

If anyone can help me that would be so great. thank uWhat is the name of your state?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">