• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Emancipation in Oklahoma!?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Lauren90

I am recently 17 and I want to become emancipated. I live in Oklahoma, but cannot find adiquate information or forms on the issue. I have a job and I can afford an appartment and I am just ready to be on my own. I am still in high school, but I plan to stay in school and graduate in 2009. What can I do?

Silverplum

I am recently 17 and I want to become emancipated. I live in Oklahoma, but cannot find adiquate information or forms on the issue. I have a job and I can afford an appartment and I am just ready to be on my own. I am still in high school, but I plan to stay in school and graduate in 2009. What can I do?
Standard answer: This is a q that is asked/answered several times per week. A kid that can't read those past posts to find info, or even google to find the info, is not mature enough for emancipation.

Think about it.

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
The reason you cannot find "adequate" information is that your state does not have a statute to emancipate a minor to leave home.

So what you can do is stay where you are until you either turn 18 or have your parent's permission to leave, whichever comes first.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">