• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Emancipation or Transfer of legal guardianship of a Minor

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

CTU

Meddlesome Priestess
I'm 15 years old and my mom is an unfit mother, she's always high on pot and drunk from alcohol everyday and she always lies and exaggerates stories nobody ever believes me except the people who see it so the cops are no help at all, and My boyfriend he's 16 wants me to live with him how hard will it be for me to get emancipated, and to get to live with him?? :confused::confused::confused::(:(:(:( I need all the help I can get...
I also live in the state of Alabama
It would have been best to start your own thread but I'll answer here.

You will not be emancipated. Only one state will emancipate a 15 year old and it isn't yours, and even then it is exceedingly rare. Emancipation is for minors who, through no fault of their own, need the legal ability to sign contracts, get the power turned on in their name, things like that. It is not and never was a means for minors to escape their parents. Also, the state would never emancipate a minor so she can go and live with a boyfriend. Not happening. No ifs, ands or buts.

If you are neglected or abused tell someone.

quincy

rah_rah, this thread belongs to Unshattera.bl so you will need to start your own thread.

The original poster in this thread (Unshattera.bl) not only lives in a different state from you (Illinois and not Alabama) and laws differ in significant ways from state to state, Unshattera.bl's legal issues are different and his concerns have not yet been fully addressed ... so this thread needs to be kept for his use only.

Thank you.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">