• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Expunction and gun rights

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

magik10

What is the name of your state? Wisconsin (Milwaukee)

Hi. A while back my brother was convicted of a nonviolent victimless felony, served no jail time, had no prior record, and had his record expunged. To my extenct, because Wisconsin does not allow felony expunctions, he did some type of dispostion thing so he could get his record expunge. He was 14 when it happened, completed one year probation, and then had his record expunged at 17. However, he would like to purchase a handgun. He does not want to hunt (against it), but would like a gun for target practice. My question is can he buy one? Is it legal for him to purchase a handgun and own one? If yes, please explain, and if not, does anyone know how? Thanks for the help!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">