• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Expunged Records

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

What is the name of your state? AR

When I was 15, I was charged with assault for a fight I had been in and I believe I plead guilty, if I remember correctly. It was a long time ago. At any rate, it was on my juvenile record, I either plead guilty or was found guilty. I was on probation, I know that. When I was 18, a Judge ordered the record to be expunged. Does that mean that the record no longer exists as if I had never been charged?

JETX

NotAnAttorney said:
Does that mean that the record no longer exists as if I had never been charged?
No. That only means that the NORMAL access to the record has been removed. Your criminal record (even juvenile) is very likely still in SOMEONE's records... and could be found if tried hard enough.
So, why EXACTLY are you raising this issue now (since that could help determine how much effort someone might take in trying to locate any record)??

I was just wondering about it really. I know that when I got hired at my job, I signed for them to do a background check on me and I didn't think they would have been able to get the expunged records and that's why they would have hired me. That is the only time I have ever been in any trouble with the law. But I am also signing up for a Citizen's Police Academy and they also run background checks. I was just curious as to whether or not they are going to pull my expunged records. It's kind of humiliating to me that I have that record. I thought what they would be pulling would be similar to when they pull my driving record and it says "No records exist for this person".

rmet4nzkx

NotAnAttorney said:
I was just wondering about it really. I know that when I got hired at my job, I signed for them to do a background check on me and I didn't think they would have been able to get the expunged records and that's why they would have hired me. That is the only time I have ever been in any trouble with the law. But I am also signing up for a Citizen's Police Academy and they also run background checks. I was just curious as to whether or not they are going to pull my expunged records. It's kind of humiliating to me that I have that record. I thought what they would be pulling would be similar to when they pull my driving record and it says "No records exist for this person".
When yo make your application, you will answer the questions truthfully. More than likely you will be interviewed as to the nature of your record, but if you lie about it and they find it, that is going to cause you some problems.

jalle50319

I dont know AZ law but in CA you dont have to disclose juvinile records because a juvinile cannot be convicted of a crime. Even though its just a word game it still is a different wording in order to protect the rights of a juvenile

rmet4nzkx

jalle50319 said:
I dont know AZ law but in CA you dont have to disclose juvinile records because a juvinile cannot be convicted of a crime. Even though its just a word game it still is a different wording in order to protect the rights of a juvenile
OP is from AR as in Arkansas not AZ or CA, and you are wrong about CA as well.

jalle50319 said:

can you show me a link that proves that thanks

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">