• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Falsly Accused - Harrassment?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Mom2Many

What is the name of your state? This occurred in Indiana (I live in CO now)

When I was 15 years old I had consensual sex with my 14 or 15 year old STEP cousin. Fast forward two years later I moved to CO where he lived (I moved for other reasons - not to be with him!) and we again had consensual sex. We had a 'thing' for each other and had sex again when he was about 18 and I was 19.

Fast forward to now (I am 37). My daughter was sexually molested by my stepfather (my step-cousin's uncle). My stepfather is currently in jail awaiting extradition. I suspect he will spend the rest of his life in prison.

My stepfather's family is doing everything they can think of to smear my name (to take the focus off my step-father? Retaliation?) including saying that I *raped* my step-cousin when I was 18 and he was much younger (fact is he is within a year of my age). They want me to drop the charges against my step-dad and this is their 'intimidation' tactict.

Now aside from the fact that their allegations are NOT true, I am wondering if this will cause me being investigated or arrested or? I image that I can simply provide my birth certificate and it will show that my step-cousin is not more then a year younger then me.

Is there anything I can do to be pro-active here? Do I have any kind of legal standing to show they are harrassing me? (There are several other things that have happened in which I have felt harrassed and intimidated that I can elaborate on if necessary.)

Thank you very much!
Mom2many

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">