• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Felony Fraud Charge?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

BODYBUILD

Texas

I "commited" a felony 2 years back,age..(around 13-14). I was never arrested or taken to court. The Police Department said I could "go" due to my family moving to another state. Although they did say that if my name was ever registered in that city that the "case" would continue or something like that. I did serve some I guess you could say "expulsion days" from the school I was going to(10) days.I served 6-7 days before my Mother "signed me out of the school". After that we moved and on the other state I didn't get any "punishment" so my life is normal. But I was wanting to know if this would affect me from applying to be police officer, also when I apply for a job should I say that I had commited a crime, although never taken to court or taken to the police department/not handcuffed.Also I was confronted by a police officer(that helps with the school) IN school and he asked me where the Credit card was in my Home. I cooperated and the vice principle put me in ISS basically "In School Suspension" and the next day I went to the Expulsion building "a place somewhere in town where all the expelled kids went to sit there and do their work from school and couldn't talk" also same procedure with ISS. I'm confused if I was arrested or not and will it be on my record. Remember I wasn't taken to jail/Police Department or Court just asked questions in school and served suspension from the school. They let me go and I can visit the same city I did the crime as much as I want but if registered "the case continues". Haven't got in trouble since then

for anyone that helps me, Thanks in advanced. I tried my best to be as detailed as possible.

quincy

Texas

I "commited" a felony 2 years back,age..(around 13-14). I was never arrested or taken to court. The Police Department said I could "go" due to my family moving to another state. Although they did say that if my name was ever registered in that city that the "case" would continue or something like that. I did serve some I guess you could say "expulsion days" from the school I was going to(10) days.I served 6-7 days before my Mother "signed me out of the school". After that we moved and on the other state I didn't get any "punishment" so my life is normal. But I was wanting to know if this would affect me from applying to be police officer, also when I apply for a job should I say that I had commited a crime, although never taken to court or taken to the police department/not handcuffed.Also I was confronted by a police officer(that helps with the school) IN school and he asked me where the Credit card was in my Home. I cooperated and the vice principle put me in ISS basically "In School Suspension" and the next day I went to the Expulsion building "a place somewhere in town where all the expelled kids went to sit there and do their work from school and couldn't talk" also same procedure with ISS. I'm confused if I was arrested or not and will it be on my record. Remember I wasn't taken to jail/Police Department or Court just asked questions in school and served suspension from the school. They let me go and I can visit the same city I did the crime as much as I want but if registered "the case continues". Haven't got in trouble since then

for anyone that helps me, Thanks in advanced. I tried my best to be as detailed as possible.
If you were never arrested or charged with a crime, you should not have to worry about becoming a police officer. In school suspensions are not something you need to report on employment applications.

It sounds as if the police in your former town gave you a break. Just stay out of trouble from here on out and work on graduating from high school.

Good luck.

BODYBUILD

If you were never arrested or charged with a crime, you should not have to worry about becoming a police officer. In school suspensions are not something you need to report on employment applications.

It sounds as if the police in your former town gave you a break. Just stay out of trouble from here on out and work on graduating from high school.

Good luck.
Thank you for your response.

When applying..

Should I still mention about the felony(Jobs usually do a background check) Wondering if it would be on my record.

quincy

Thank you for your response.

When applying..

Should I still mention about the felony(Jobs usually do a background check) Wondering if it would be on my record.
If you were not arrested and/or charged with a crime, you do not have a criminal record (assuming the "felony fraud" was your first offense). The in-school-suspension will not show up on a background check.

quincy

Is this a Texas thing? What does it mean to register in a city??
I think BODYBUILD is talking about registering in school in that city again. But I could be wrong.

I should have mentioned that the in-school-suspension (and possibly the reason for it) could show up on his permanent school record, which could potentially cause him some problems if or when he applies to colleges. If asked specifically about the ISS, BODYBUILD should be honest. Lying is rarely a good idea.

FlyingRon

Depending on how deep the potential employer wants to look, this may indeed be discoverable. Some of the better departments will pay a visit to the police departments of towns you formerly resided in to ask if they have had any dealings with you. Federal security clearance investigators do the same thing.

Of course, if time has past and you weren't a persistent delinquent, you probably may escape too much adverse reaction.

quincy

Depending on how deep the potential employer wants to look, this may indeed be discoverable. Some of the better departments will pay a visit to the police departments of towns you formerly resided in to ask if they have had any dealings with you. Federal security clearance investigators do the same thing.

Of course, if time has past and you weren't a persistent delinquent, you probably may escape too much adverse reaction.
If BODYBUILD was in middle school and not high school at the time of the offense, I doubt strongly that any agency will worry themselves over a non-arrest, non-charge, in-school-suspension at age 13/14. And even colleges will probably not be overly-concerned about an in-school-suspension of a high school freshman.

I agree that it can largely depend on how nicely BODYBUILD has avoided any entanglements with the law since his first encounter.

Right now, though, he does not have a criminal record that could impede his search for employment. The police officer in his former town did him a major favor and, with luck, BODYBUILD will show his appreciation to the officer by staying out of trouble.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">