• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

First time offender of (B&P) §25658

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

TechDayJob

What is the name of your state? California

I was caught in Operation Shoulder Tap over the weekend, Yes I know it was stupid but I thought "Hey I was a kid once and did the same thing at one time." Well I was give a ticket and I know it's a misdemeanor however, I want to know what's next, I see the fine is $1,000 and 24 hours of Community service. Do I have to see the judge for this or does the ticket and arrangements for community service come in the mail. I'm really scared of this and I feel like I'm going to jail even though I know it's a misdemeanor.

What are my options and where do I go from here.

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
What subsection? You will have to appear. You also have a chance to plead guilty, not guilty or no contest.

TechDayJob

Am I going to go to jail or lose my job for this

I've been worried about this since it happened. I've been reading other threads and a lot of people are saying that they had to go and get booked. The officer didn't say anything like that to me however. The other thing is am I going to lose my job because of this

Silverplum

Am I going to go to jail or lose my job for this
I've been worried about this since it happened. I've been reading other threads and a lot of people are saying that they had to go and get booked. The officer didn't say anything like that to me however. The other thing is am I going to lose my job because of this
Those are NOT questions the advisors here can reasonably answer.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">