• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Flying with Vape products

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

AZ FoXx

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Arizona. My buddy is really into vaping, and he wants to fly with his Vapor Pen. I am on probation and both of us are under 18, making it illegal to possess products of this nature. I don't want to have any problems with this that could violate my probation since we are flying together. When TSA finds these in his bag, is it likely that they will ID him or me to find out if we are of age? There is no laws against flying with products like these. I'm strictly worried about the underage factor.

TheGeekess

Keeper of the Kraken
What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Arizona. My buddy is really into vaping, and he wants to fly with his Vapor Pen. I am on probation and both of us are under 18, making it illegal to possess products of this nature. I don't want to have any problems with this that could violate my probation since we are flying together. When TSA finds these in his bag, is it likely that they will ID him or me to find out if we are of age? There is no laws against flying with products like these. I'm strictly worried about the underage factor.
Tell your buddy to leave his toys at home. :cool:

STEPHAN

I am on probation
FoXx if you are under probation, you have made some bad choices in the past. Stay away from anything that could potentially cause trouble, especially friends that call for trouble.

These criminal charges stay on your records forever.

So well done on "reacting".

Good luck.

quincy

Because it is illegal for either you or your friend to possess e-cigarettes, it seems a monumentally bad idea to flout the law by taking the e-cigarettes to an area where you KNOW you are going to be screened by federal officials.

Are you allowed under the terms of your probation to travel out of your area?

quincy

Yes I am allowed to leave the area. I have double checked on that
It is good that you checked on your ability to fly out of the area, and I think you are smart to check to see if trouble could come from your friend carrying e-cigarettes in his baggage.

I recommend your friend leave his Vapor Pen behind.

Have a safe flight.

The Occultist

All posters: please review the posting history of AZ FoXx. This is an individual that constantly places himself/herself into legally precarious situations. The phrase "problem child" is a reoccurring theme, in my opinion.

TheGeekess

Keeper of the Kraken
All posters: please review the posting history of AZ FoXx. This is an individual that constantly places himself/herself into legally precarious situations. The phrase "problem child" is a reoccurring theme, in my opinion.
IIRC, ASU was going to give him/her/it money to go to school. I hope that will go to more deserving students. :cool:

single317dad

Why not just mail the questionable products ahead of time? Vape gear appears to be legal to mail, but if it turns out that's not correct, UPS and FedEx are also options.

Your friend should check local laws on possession of vaporizers and associated products in the destination jurisdiction as well.

winorlose1

Tell him to leave the pen at home. When you get to your destination, he can buy a cheap one and discard or give it to someone before you get back on the plane to come back home.

If your friend is not willing to do this for you then cancel your trip if you can or do whatever you can to not allow him to go with you.

One last suggestion, assuming this pen is used for liquid nicotine and not some federally illegal drug, there's no reason your friend can't just smooth regular cigarettes during your time out of town. let's fact it, he not going to instantly die if he goes back to analog cigarettes temporarily.

On the other hand, if the pen is used for federally illegal substances, this is a no-brainer.

At any rate, please reconsider who your friends are.

FlyingRon

Further even though there are federal officials searching through the bags, I've never seen a checkpoint that didn't also have local LEO hanging around as well. Not a good idea to flaunt violations of the law in front of LEOs.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">