+ Reply to Thread
    wmichaeltrout is offline Junior Member

Georgia. can a school resource (police) officer violate settled standards of juve

Georgia. can a school resource (police) officer violate settled standards of juvenile interrogation?

it appears to me, based on many settled and cited cases in the law, notably In Re Gault, that if a police officer is going to question a juvenile in the course of an investigation, or an arrest, that he MUST inform the juvenile's parents of the specific nature of what their child is specifically up against, AND inform both the parents AND the juvenile of the juvenile's right to counsel during such questioning, and that these and sometimes even more careful measures must be taken to protect the rights of the juvenile. this is not a dress rehearsal question, and i would appreciate any and all serious and educated answers. in addition, i would appreciate the help of any legal professional in invoking and securing these rights for a real life event.What is the name of your state?
    seniorjudge is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by wmichaeltrout View Post
    Georgia. can a school resource (police) officer violate settled standards of juvenile interrogation?

it appears to me, based on many settled and cited cases in the law, notably In Re Gault, that if a police officer is going to question a juvenile in the course of an investigation, or an arrest, that he MUST inform the juvenile's parents of the specific nature of what their child is specifically up against, AND inform both the parents AND the juvenile of the juvenile's right to counsel during such questioning, and that these and sometimes even more careful measures must be taken to protect the rights of the juvenile. this is not a dress rehearsal question, and i would appreciate any and all serious and educated answers. in addition, i would appreciate the help of any legal professional in invoking and securing these rights for a real life event.What is the name of your state?
    What is your specific legal question for us?

Facts and details, please.
    There are two rules for success:

(1) Never tell everything you know.
    wmichaeltrout is offline Junior Member

Question To: Hizzoner, Senior Judge

it appears to me, based on many settled and cited cases in the law, notably In Re Gault, that

if a police officer is going to question a juvenile in the course of an investigation, or an arrest, that he MUST inform the juvenile's parents of the specific nature of what their child is specifically up against, AND inform both the parents AND the juvenile of the juvenile's right to counsel during such questioning

Would you say that the preceding paragraph, and the following paragraph are true?

and that these and sometimes even more careful measures must be taken to protect the rights of the juvenile

If they are true, in all states (In Re Gault is US Supreme Court), and a violation of due process has, in fact, occurred, what remedy exists for the juvenile defendant, in pretrial stage of defense? thank you for your valued counsel.

If I might add a followup question, Judge, would you consider it advisable to proceed with appointed counsel who DOES NOT appear to believe in the INNOCENCE of the defendant?

you asked for facts and details; is this enough, or do i need to include a specific narrative of the specific case in question?
    Last edited by wmichaeltrout; 05-29-2007 at 06:30 PM. Reason: further elaboration
    Until you give us facts and details, there is very little we can do for you.

The Occultist is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by seniorjudge View Post
    Until you give us facts and details, there is very little we can do for you.
    OP, what the nice judge is asking you for are facts/details relating to your specific situation. We need to know the circumstances in order to give as accurate an answer as possible.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Occultist View Post
    OP, what the nice judge is asking you for are facts/details relating to your specific situation. We need to know the circumstances in order to give as accurate an answer as possible.
    "Nice judge"?

NICE!!!

You really know how to hurt me....