• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Georgia and South Carolina Law.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chaos Perfected

Georgia and South Carolina. With me in South Carolina and her in Georgia.

Before I begin, do not insult my intelligence and tell me to go look at the law books. I do not know that website, but if you have it, gladly hand it over. I searched for the laws on Google and Wikipedia but this was the closest thing to official I found.

Now, I am 19. My girlfriend is 16. We started dating when she was 13 and I was 16, so it wasn't against the law then, but it may be now. Even if we don't have a sexual relationship, I swear. There's more to love then sex. Anyway, Is this still legal?

Second question. Hersay has lead me to believe that when she turns seventeen she can move out. I'm pretty certain that is the law here in South Carolina, but am not so sure of the law there. Her homelife is blah, and i'm sure you have heard it all before. And i'm not going to mention how Child Services always make things worse, because you have probably heard that all before too. Anyway, Can she move out at 17 in Georgia? And what is the interstate law regarding it? She might be able to last another two years, but a couple monthes is easier to hope for.

Also, from what I did manage to gather on Wikipedia, the age of consent in Georgia is 16 or 17. We've been avoiding sex untill I marry her but it said that a girl in Georgia could legally move out if she was to get pregnant. Now, this may be a risky option, but is it a viable one?

Thank you in advance for you're time and wise advice.

Last edited:

Chaos Perfected

Wow, did you not notice when I told you not to insult my intelligence? Did you not notice the part where I implied we had been going out three years? People usually get mad when otheres mention details, but I do go up there to see her when I get a spare buck. Do you persume to know me? Did I even ask anyones opinion on long distance relationships? No, it wasn't revelent. Jesus, go **** yourself and stop giving advice before you learn not to judge people before you know anything. Grow up a little too.

AlanShore

Also, from what I did manage to gather on Wikipedia, the age of consent in Georgia is 16 or 17. We've been avoiding sex untill I marry her but it said that a girl in Georgia could legally move out if she was to get pregnant. Now, this may be a risky option, but is it a viable one?
Well I am going to insult your inteligence...are you ready?......your an idiot. If your going to get her pregnant so you can get her to legally move out your a pure idiot. Just google age of consent laws. You will find all you need.

Last edited:

Chaos Perfected

I searched for the laws on Google and Wikipedia but this was the closest thing to official I found.
Now, this may be a risky option, but is it a viable one?
:rolleyes:

Does anyone with a semblance of intelligence or the ability to actually answer my questions, give me free advice, or provide the information I requested exist on this forum? And can any of you do it without a childish insult, or a failure to actually read my post? Come on, it's not so hard.

Chaos Perfected

Wow, my deepest thanks baystategirl. What is the date on these laws?

Oh, and anyone else can feel free to respond if you can gather together more of a braincell then either AlanShore or Curt. Appreciations.

Just Blue

When your girlfriend is 18 she can move out and do as she pleases, until then she has to follow the rules of the house.
And be aware...there are other charges that her parents can bring against you other than Stat Rape. AND if you were to bring her to SC you are looking at fed charges...ie...Mann Act.

Get a girl your own age...stay away from minors.

Just Blue

:rolleyes:

Does anyone with a semblance of intelligence or the ability to actually answer my questions, give me free advice, or provide the information I requested exist on this forum? And can any of you do it without a childish insult, or a failure to actually read my post? Come on, it's not so hard.
Wow...You are obnoxious! Read my other post before you start doing back flips!

Chaos Perfected

If you'll notice, I was insulted by the other posters in this topic, and responded in kind. Our posts were made at around the same time and you posted while I was in the process of writing mine. I thanked you afterwards. Please, remain as you were, and don't degenerate into one of the others. Thank you.

Just Blue

If you'll notice, I was insulted by the other posters in this topic, and responded in kind. Our posts were made at around the same time and you posted while I was in the process of writing mine. I thanked you afterwards. Please, remain as you were, and don't degenerate into one of the others. Thank you.
I read Alan's post and I agree with him...The idea that you would actually consider getting this LEGAL CHILD pregnant in order to have your way is evil! For Gods sake! She is still a child! Go and find an adult to impregnate! You really disgust me!

Chaos Perfected

What? I was asking if the law as it was stated on Wikipedia was serious. And, according to the very link you provided, legal child is a very subjective term subject to change and not the be all of morality. Nor did I ask for a question of my morality. And you disgust me. All of you that have posted.

Just Blue

What? I was asking if the law as it was stated on Wikipedia was serious. And, according to the very link you provided, legal child is a very subjective term subject to change and not the be all of morality. Nor did I ask for a question of my morality. And you disgust me. All of you that have posted.

Why else would you ask this question?

I'm done ...I have answered your legal question.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">