• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Going to jail?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tjwak99

What is the name of your state? Arizona

I am a senior in high school and i met my girlfriend who is a sophmore last semester. We started dating and hit it off and had sex to put it shortly. Her dad found out and is threatening to put me in jail. She was born august 19th 1992 and i was born june 18th 1990. I read online that if i was less than two years older than her and its consenting that it would be legal. I need clarification please.

Silverplum

should i stop seeing with her and break her heart because her dad is a douche?
:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

You should stop committing statutory rape, is what you should do.

And you should hope/pray that Dad (who is in NO way, shape, or form a "douche" for protecting his daughter from a horndog) doesn't file criminal charges upon you.

Tjwak99

im not a "horndog"
we both lost our virginities to each other.
i love this girl.
how long do i have to wait before its legal for us to be together?

Silverplum

im not a "horndog"
i love this girl.
Blahblahblah.

You lost me when you called her FATHER a "douche."

Go find out your own info, smartboy. :rolleyes:

>Charlotte<

Lurker
Wow. Charming. Hard to believe her father doesn't welcome you with open arms. I guess if he was a nice guy he'd spring for a room and throw in a box of condoms? SHE'S FIFTEEN, YOU IDIOT.

In any case, even without the sex, as long as she is a minor her parents get to decide who she can and can't see. It starts with "stay away from my daughter" and progresses to a restraining order, if need be.

Break her heart? She's fifteen. She'll get over it. If you care about her look on the bright side--being ordered to stay away from you gives her a chance to find a nice guy that treats her and her family with respect.

PJ Weber

im not a "horndog"
i love this girl.
Wait until she is eighteen

Your heart will be broken when you get into custody for Statutory Rape

Wow, you guys are downright cruel. There's a difference between "telling it like it is" and just being verbally malicious for no reason other than you can. PJ and Silverplum are the only ones who actually gave the kid some real advice. And only PJ was able to give advice without being immature and belligerent about it.

TJ, I have very little understanding of the legal system regarding these matters and I don't know how much it counts for but I'll give you my advice:

If what you say is true; if the act was consensual and the two of you do have feelings for each other then, for the moment, you should let it be. (Just like the Beatles song! I love the Beatles..."When I find myself in times of trouble..." Ahh! I digress) You can't blame her father for acting the way he is. There is nothing more precious than ones child and for whatever reason he sees you as a threat to her. He's a pissed off tiger protecting his cub. If you have feelings for the girl, understand that her father has loved her for 15 years and is not willing to take any chances with her safety. Would you be willing to take chances? Agree to stop seeing her, don't fight it. Prove to the father that your intentions are sincere (Many a noble knight has had to endure similar trials). Let him realize that you understand she may not be emotionally prepared for a sexual relationship at her age (And pray to GOD he does not actually press charges). Not seeing her may be difficult (I don't care what anyone says, if the two of you lost your virginity together then you will always have some sort of emotional connection to each other. And seriously...you can live without sex for a while.) but it is the only positive solution. One of 3 things will happen.

1. The most likely scenario (Sorry, call me jaded): You will find someone else closer to your own age, probably at college. You'll fall in love several more times. Lots a nice gals out there, I promise ya. Problem with that is there are a lot of nice guys too and she may find someone first. C'est la vie.

2. The least likely scenario (once again, sorry): Her father will see by your austere, self imposed chastity that your intentions are pure. He'll then give the (non-sexual) relationship his blessings and all will be well. (Just to re-iterate...VERY unlikely)

3. The most romantically apt scenario: Her father will never believe you are anything but a hooligan and will make sure you never come in contact with her...for 3 years, then if you two still have feelings for each other theres little he can do...except cut of her credit card, her insurance, her college fund, and well...ok, he can still do a lot...but no one will go to jail!

Oh yea, one last scenario....

4. You throw caution to the wind and "Your heart will be broken when you get into custody for Statutory Rape"...yup...Gotta agree with the man there.

The way I see it you have three options that end well and one that doesn't. And if you decide that she's worth waiting for then don't feel down! Just listen to Don Quixote, the most noble Knight errant there ever was, when he says "That glorious quest...to love pure and chaste from afar"

And just so you know: The problem isn't the age difference, it's HER age. The truth is that most 15 year old girls are just not emotionally mature enough for a sexual relationship. Biology and hormones have a way of beating emotional stability in the great race of life. What can I say, the big guy upstairs messed up on the wiring a little. Bottom line is that being sexually active too early can lead to physiological problems that can persist for ones entire life...her whole life. Now maybe you think that she's uncharacteristically mature for her age. Maybe she is. The thing you need to ask yourself is this: If you really care about her then how willing are you to take that risk? An unplanned pregnancy at her age could prove fatal. Even if there is a 95% chance that the two of you could be sexually active and suffer no ill consequences, even then...if you love her, are you willing to take that 5% chance?

I don't know, maybe I'm just a big softy. I'm a 26 year old Theatre/Writing major with so many love poetry compilations on my shelf that it's just embarrassing. But you have to follow the rules man. You're not gonna win anyone onto your side by hurling insults at the person who raised someone you claim to love. If you really, REALLY believe that you care about this girl then you'll play by the rules. I swear to god it's the only way to go...and pray to your favorite god that her dad is not gonna press charges, because Uncle Sam never read "Romeo and Juliet" in high school.

As for everyone else, (Besides PJ who was civil and gave good advice) chill out! He's 17!! If you want to yell self-righteous platitudes at someone yell at me! I'm on probation right now for a DUI. Yea, that's right. I messed up and actually endangered lives! This guy didn't hurt anybody! All this kid did was let his hormones get in the way of his judgment. You assume this guy is a miscreant because he called her father a douche? For pete's sake! Drop the hypocrisies! Stop acting like you were never young and hated your girlfriend's parents for doing something you later realized was right. If we rounded up every male in this country who at some point hated his girlfriend's parents or his in-laws then we would have...well, every male in the country. If you want to point out that he is in serious legal trouble then do so, but don't just say " You should keep seeing her, until you're incarcerated for rape". That's not "telling it like it is". All you're doing is wording your judgment in the most sanctimonious and deliberately hurtful way you possible can. You enjoy trolling these board looking for people you can belittle? Come on, hit me. I got in a car drunk and drove around! I used to get angry when people judged me for that but those people are far, FAR more justified than you who are maliciously casting your venom coated daggers at this guy. The only one of you that actually gave him advice was PJ. If you're gonna morally condemn people for having affection for a 15 year old then you should throw Edgar Allen Poe, Byron, Dante Alighieri, Socrates and Plato into the mix as well. Along with almost the entire population of the world before 1700.

I apologize for the tirade. I was just appalled by the lack of compassion and utter belligerence some of you show to people coming here for advice...and you don't even bother giving any advice.

*I now expose my breast for the coming onslaught of criticism*

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">