• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

got caught shoplifting.....help me out!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

cdude0890

What is the name of your state? georgia

hello, i am currently 16 and turn 17 in february. i was caught shoplifting in a target store and the store charged me for 2 pairs of sunglasses that were $39. store policy says that anything over $20, the police have to be called. police came and target security told them that i also attempted to steal 2 other items, which i did try to do, but i didn't actually walk out with them. so, now my total is $179. i was just wondering what all could happen to me. i have shoplifted before, but was never caught. is there any possibility that i can be charged for those past items, even if i was not caught? so, i'd like to know, can i be charged for those past items and what can happen to me after sentencing?

thank you very much

i'm very scared and nervous!

Silverplum

cdude0890 said:

hello, i am currently 16 and turn 17 in february. i was caught shoplifting in a target store and the store charged me for 2 pairs of sunglasses that were $39. store policy says that anything over $20, the police have to be called. police came and target security told them that i also attempted to steal 2 other items, which i did try to do, but i didn't actually walk out with them. so, now my total is $179. i was just wondering what all could happen to me. i have shoplifted before, but was never caught. is there any possibility that i can be charged for those past items, even if i was not caught? so, i'd like to know, can i be charged for those past items and what can happen to me after sentencing?
thank you very much
As you should be. :rolleyes:

S

shell007

cdude0890 said:

thank you very much

Do your parent's know about this? (I would assume yes, but you never know)

If not, be sure and talk to them. This IS NOT something that you can handle alone!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">