• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Guy in college; 19 with a 16 year old, legal?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

sixers4life

What is the name of your state? PA
Ok so someone i know or a couple i know that have been together 3 years, the girl is 16 the guy is in college probably 19, the parents, neither of the parents know they have sex... so is it true that without consent from the girls parents that he is doing something illegal? if so what crime is this, whats the punishment, and who do or can i contact annonomously?
Thanks

Just Blue

What is the name of your state? PA
Ok so someone i know or a couple i know that have been together 3 years, the girl is 16 the guy is in college probably 19, the parents, neither of the parents know they have sex... so is it true that without consent from the girls parents that he is doing something illegal? if so what crime is this, whats the punishment, and who do or can i contact annonomously?
Thanks
It's called Statutory Rape, punished by a stay in prison and having to register as a Sex Offender for the rest of his life. Call the police. Call her parents. Call CPS.

Her parents can't "give permission" for their daughter to be raped!:rolleyes:

sixers4life

so even though they are dating cause the parents dont know then its a wrap? whats cps? can i call in to those things annonomously?

Just Blue

so even though they are dating cause the parents dont know then its a wrap? whats cps? can i call in to those things annonomously?
I gave you the wrong information...If the bf is within 4 years of her than it ia not illegal, but I am sure if the parents knew about it they wouldn't be happy.

Who are you in all this?

sixers4life

a close friend, so even though hes 19 or 20, they have sex and the parents dont know, then theres no case even though shes underage?

Just Blue

a close friend, so even though hes 19 or 20, they have sex and the parents dont know, then theres no case even though shes underage?
AOC in Pa is 16 and unless he is at least 4 years older there is nothing LEGALLY wrong. If you are hoping to break them up so that you have a shot with her...it will back fire on you.

And which is it? 19 or 20?

sixers4life

19, and no its not to break them up, so i got no case then right, if they have been dating or what not cause aoc is 16?

Just Blue

19, and no its not to break them up, so i got no case then right, if they have been dating or what not cause aoc is 16?
YOU never had a case...Law enforcement may have had their been an issue, but no there is no "case"...Although if her parents knew about this they may have recourse to keep him away from her...

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
All the three year (as opposed to four year) difference means is that stat rape is off the table. That does NOT mean there are no other charges that he can get hit with.

AlanShore

Your not in a legal position to press any charges. The only real way he can get hit with other charges are if the girl or her parents take some legal action to prevent him from contacting her, and he violates that. You should stay out of it. Tell her parents if you wish, but legally you have nothing.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">