• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Having sex with minor over the age of consent

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

thomas can

What is the name of your state? oh

Met a nice girl who want to be intimate, but I am leary of complications so haven't touched her in any way.

The problem is I am an adult and she is 16 and while the age of consent is 16 in Ohio so there is no rape charge possible, I am not sure that I couldn't be charged with other things :eek: due to her minor status. contributing to delinquency type of stuff etc.

I am not about to ruin my life just because some little hottie wants me to do it with her if there are significant complications. on the other hand I like this girl - or at least my hormones do and I would consider it IF and only IF I thought if was safe and right now I am not sure of that at all!

What are you thoughts on potenital issues in this situation?What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state?

thomas can

Can't balme a guy for wishing for a fantasy come true but like I thought wouldn't be a dream but a nightmare. Just cut off contact with her what's the point in her wishing for what is not going to be

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
For a 24 year old to have sex with a 16 year old in any state, whatever the age of consent, is seriously fraught with problems. Statutory rape may be off the table but there are a whole lot of other things you could get charged with.

And what's wrong with you that you're getting involved with teenagers anyway? Smarten up and find someone your own age. If that's possible.

M

meb19981

I am a resident of Virginia, so the law may be different.

I am 15 and my boyfriend is 18. We had sex but charges were not pressed. However, I was questioned. I am at age of consent but had the commonwealth attorney chose to press charges against him-he would be facing charges for Carnal Knowledge, but it would only be a misdemeanor due to the age of consent.

It would probably be a similar situation in Ohio.

outonbail

What is the name of your state? oh

Met a nice girl who want to be intimate
A sixteen year old girl who wants to screw twenty five year old men isn't exactly my idea of a nice girl. Maybe a popular girl?

I am not about to ruin my life just because some little hottie wants me to do it with her if there are significant complications. on the other hand I like this girl - or at least my hormones do
Put it back in you're pants there cowboy. Go find a girl closer to you're age and you'll have nothing to worry about. Trust me, there are plenty of girls closer to your own age group that want to roll around in the hay and you're hormones will be just as satisfied without the guilt, the looking over you're shoulder or having to deal with dad's shot gun.

Speaking of dad, why don't you just ask him if it's OK?

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
I still maintain that any 25 year old that's interested in a 16 year old needs the services of a good psychiatrist, yesterday.

outonbail

I still maintain that any 25 year old that's interested in a 16 year old needs the services of a good psychiatrist, yesterday.
There wouldn't be enough psychiatrists on the planet to handle such an overwhelming demand.

M

mike leslie

no

no they need a hard kick where they sit

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">