• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Is he at fault? Insanity plead? Anything at all?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Tropicalpunch88

New York. A boy who knew that I was struggling with depression that was going untreated was telling me to kill myself and made a rumor saying I willingly did sexual things to the two boys who sexually abused me, that boy was the reason why I attempted suicide and I hit him at schoolgirl the things he was saying and because he was the one that made me want to die. I tried to kill myself and spent 11 days in a psychiatric hospital. He is pressing charges on me because I hit him, I have written in my suicide note that he was the reason why I tried to kill myself. If I bring the suicide note could the boy possible get charged with "mental pain and suffering" or would I possibly plead "not guilty due to reason of insanity?

eerelations

He cannot press charges; only the DA can press charges. You will know if the DA has decided to press charges if the police arrest you.

Have you in fact been arrested? Or is this boy just saying he's going to press charges?

If the former, get an attorney. The attorney will advise you if you can use an insanity plea.

If the latter, then do nothing until/if you are arrested.

Proserpina

New York. A boy who knew that I was struggling with depression that was going untreated was telling me to kill myself and made a rumor saying I willingly did sexual things to the two boys who sexually abused me, that boy was the reason why I attempted suicide and I hit him at schoolgirl the things he was saying and because he was the one that made me want to die. I tried to kill myself and spent 11 days in a psychiatric hospital. He is pressing charges on me because I hit him, I have written in my suicide note that he was the reason why I tried to kill myself. If I bring the suicide note could the boy possible get charged with "mental pain and suffering" or would I possibly plead "not guilty due to reason of insanity?
And do NOT speak about this to anybody - and I do mean anybody - other than your attorney.

not2cleverRed

Obvious Observer
No. Bringing the suicide note to court will not result in the boy being charged. That is not how things work. Court is more like baseball than soccer that way.

He does not sound like a nice person, but that is not the issue here: your actions are.

He has pressed charges against YOU. What you have to focus on is your legal defense. You really need legal representation.

What exactly are the charges?

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
The best thing you can do is focus on yourself. If charges are actually filed, you need to speak with a lawyer.

Either way, you need to seek a therapist who will help you work through your issues. Seriously - this should be your #1 priority.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">