• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

HELP! 15 yr old daughter arrested for felony terroristic threatening posted an

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

roxannade

What is the name of your state? AR
instant message to a girl at school who has been making fun of her all year.
What is going to happen? She is in junvenille detention now, has arraignment in two days?
What might be the sentance?
What can I do?
Please help me
Thank you
Roxanna

roxannade

she

was on the internet at home got on facebook, and sent a message to a girl at school saying she was going to beat her up. She was just blowing smoke. My daugher has never been in trouble at all. The girl printed the message out and turned it into a teacher. They called the cops my daughter was arrested at school, cited with terroristic threating as a felony charge and taken to juvenille detention. When I walked in at school, it was all said and done, I was not contacted before they called the cops at all.
She has a hearing tomarrow to decide if they will pursue it and take further legal action.
What can I do?
What can she be facing?
Thank you

BelizeBreeze

was on the internet at home got on facebook, and sent a message to a girl at school saying she was going to beat her up. She was just blowing smoke. My daugher has never been in trouble at all. The girl printed the message out and turned it into a teacher. They called the cops my daughter was arrested at school, cited with terroristic threating as a felony charge and taken to juvenille detention. When I walked in at school, it was all said and done, I was not contacted before they called the cops at all.
She has a hearing tomarrow to decide if they will pursue it and take further legal action.
What can I do?
Get her an attorney and a good ass whuppin'
What can she be facing?
A year or more in jail
Thank you
You're welcome.

A

austin_kid

if she didnt threaten to seriously hurt her or kill her, just beat her up, its not a felony, at least not in arkansas. its a class A misdemeanor, which means she could go to jail for up to twelve months and have to pay a fine of up to $2,500, either or both. those are the maximum sentences, thats probably not going to happen to her if she hasnt been in trouble before. i suggest you get her a good lawyer.

i dont know why they'd charge her with felony terroristic threats, cause thats definatly not the case here. well anyways, let me know what happens to her.

Last edited:

Happy Trails

if she didnt threaten to seriously hurt her or kill her, just beat her up, its not a felony, at least not in arkansas. its a class A misdemeanor, which means she could go to jail for up to twelve months and have to pay a fine of up to $2,500, either or both. those are the maximum sentences, thats probably not going to happen to her if she hasnt been in trouble before. i suggest you get her a good lawyer.

i dont know why they'd charge her with felony terroristic threats, cause thats definatly not the case here.
Roxannade states her daughter IS being charged with a felony.

http://www.multistalkervictims.org/laws/arkansas.htm

Copy And paste without the "urls".

A

austin_kid

then the cops are making a mistake. any decent lawyer should be able to get the charges reduced.

Happy Trails

then the cops are making a mistake. any decent lawyer should be able to get the charges reduced.
You know this how?

The prosecuting attorney is the one who decides if they are going to prosecute according to the evidence.

Yes, the girl needs an attorney!

A

austin_kid

the cops could 'charge' her with conspiracy to commit murder if they want, but the DA wouldnt press charges for that. if shes lucky, the prosecution will drop the case. otherwise, like i said, any good lawyer could reduce the severity of the charges. they cant prosecute you for a felony if its a misdemeanor no matter what.

BelizeBreeze

the cops could 'charge' her with conspiracy to commit murder if they want, but the DA wouldnt press charges for that.
More ignorance. You have no idea what the DA will or won't do.
if shes lucky, the prosecution will drop the case.
and if the DA is drunk he might, or if the sun doesn't come up.
otherwise, like i said, any good lawyer could reduce the severity of the charges.
are you just stupid or 13 with a lack of total understanding of the law. A lawyer can't reduce anything. ONLY the court or the DA can.
they cant prosecute you for a felony if its a misdemeanor no matter what.
Really? ANd from where did you get your law degree?:rolleyes:

Happy Trails

the cops could 'charge' her with conspiracy to commit murder if they want, but the DA wouldnt press charges for that. if shes lucky, the prosecution will drop the case. otherwise, like i said, any good lawyer could reduce the severity of the charges. they cant prosecute you for a felony if its a misdemeanor no matter what.
...and how do you know if it should be clasified as a misdemeanor?

Did you copy and paste the link I provided?

Have you seen the evidence?

A

austin_kid

More ignorance. You have no idea what the DA will or won't do.

and if the DA is drunk he might, or if the sun doesn't come up.

are you just stupid or 13 with a lack of total understanding of the law. A lawyer can't reduce anything. ONLY the court or the DA can.

Really? ANd from where did you get your law degree?:rolleyes:

ya ok i guess the prosecution wont drop the case, but i know that a lawyer cant reduce the charges, but he can convince the court to. which he obviously would. i havent seen the message but she said she threatened to 'beat her up' which wouldnt constitute 'death threats or threats of severe bodily harm'. either way, if shes lucky and her lawyers good, shell probably end up on probation... thats just my guess

BelizeBreeze

ya ok i guess the prosecution wont drop the case, but i know that a lawyer cant reduce the charges, but he can convince the court to. which he obviously would. i havent seen the message but she said she threatened to 'beat her up' which wouldnt constitute 'death threats or threats of severe bodily harm'. either way, if shes lucky and her lawyers good, shell probably end up on probation... thats just my guess
again, quit showing your ignorance. You have no idea about anything you are trying to discuss.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">