• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

help

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

codykid96

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? tennessee
ok i posted once an i dont know how to reply so im 15 ill be 16 in nov and i want to get emancipated under grounds of constant mental abuse such as how worthlass i am awnd if she really wanted to my grandmother could leave for florida and my ant is always calling me moose as a refrance to my wight what do i do i have an appointment with my councler today so....:confused::confused::confused::confused:

TheGeekess

Keeper of the Kraken
ok i posted once an i dont know how to reply so im 15 ill be 16 in nov and i want to get emancipated under grounds of constant mental abuse such as how worthlass i am awnd if she really wanted to my grandmother could leave for florida and my ant is always calling me moose as a refrance to my wight what do i do i have an appointment with my councler today so....:confused::confused::confused::confused:
No, you are not eligible for emancipation. :cool:

CSO286

If you are being abused, contact CPS.

CdwJava

ok what is cps and why am i not eligable??
CPS is Child Protect Services. It may go by another name in your county such as Child Services, Youth Services, or something else. But, it's the agency responsible for investigating allegations of neglect towards kids.

As to eligibility, first, you have to understand that emancipation is for those kids who are essentially already living a life apart from their parents or are acting in the role of an adult because their parents are incapable of doing so.

For more information click on this link for info from the Legal Aid Society of East Tennessee: http://www.tennlegalaid.com/Library/Documents/1196697113.02/Emancipation.pdf

Oh, and why aren't you in school this morning?

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
In NO state does the level of abuse, real or alleged, qualify you for emancipation. While some states are stricter than others, emancipation is not and never was intended to be a means for a teenager to move out; it was and is intended to be a way to provide legal protections to those teenagers who, for reasons beyond their control, found themselves living on their own.

I know of only one state, and that state is NOT Tennessee, where an emancipated minor is entitled to apply for state aid (and even in that state, state aid is not guaranteed). To the best of my knowledge, in all other states including Tennessee, if you are not able to provide every single penny of your own support without assistance, you do not qualify for emancipation no matter what your home situation.

codykid96

ok to the person who said why am i not in school this morning i am im doing this all at school and my spring break was last week and when im 16 and get a job ill be totaly self relient:)

CSO286

ok to the person who said why am i not in school this morning i am im doing this all at school and my spring break was last week and when im 16 and get a job ill be totaly self relient:)
Did you review the link that was provided? Do you understand that it is highly unlikely?

OP, you cannot even write in proper sentences. How do you intend to convince the court that you are capable of living on your own in the adult world? There is nothing in your posts that give any kind of rational argument leaning toward approving emancipation for you.

Look again: http://www.tennlegalaid.com/Library/Documents/1196697113.02/Emancipation.pdf

when im 16
you'll be totally self reliant? Able to provide your own insurance, attend school, pay for all your needs and bills (Not by living with a friend or someone else--TRULY ON YOUR OWN), and work full time?

No, the courts will not emancipate you.

Last edited:

codykid96

ok

ok i read and speak on a college level as informed to me by the state of Pennsylvainia and just because my spelling is not at its peak of perfection like all of the other normal peaple in the world does not mean i can't be tottaly be self relient!:mad::mad::mad: but i appreatiate all the help you guys are doing to help me;):):D:D:D but the fact that some peaple are judjing me based on my spelling IS WRONG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and yes ill be able to support myself totally. And what if i can convince my Nana to willing and leagally emancipate me???????:confused::confused:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">