• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Help on Adult&Minor Dating

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Candy29201

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Michigan & Texas

Ok i really need advice please...Here's the situation: I'm fourteen and I'm dating a 17-year-old guy living in Texas. He turns 18 in a few months and we're not sure if us still dating is going to be illegal. Suppose my parents object to this relationship as well...Does this affect our relationship? What are the adult&minor dating laws in Michigan? And in Texas? Someone help please...:confused:

~Thank you in advance!~:D

CdwJava

If you are in two different states, you really are not "dating." You might be chatting on line, chatting on the phone, or texting each other, but you are not dating. I know, that's kids call it - two of my sons are teenagers, and they "date" all the time ... it's not really dating, but if that's what they want to call it, they can go right ahead. In my day we used to call it "talking." Or, if it was REALLY serious, we were "going around." (Not that I ever understood what we we might be going around)

A minor and an adult are free to have a NON sexual relationship with each other provided parents don't have a problem. In other words, you can be friends as long as mom and dad approve. Even as a minor, if mom and dad do NOT approve, there are things that can be done about it.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">