• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Help, help, help

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Just Blue

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Georgia
What can I do about a school counselor who pulled my child out of class to question her about a crime I am being accused of?
Note that this counselor is friends with the accuser and asked personal questions about our home and about what she knew about the accusers home.
Refresh. ;)

Jlancaster22

Actually I am a parent, and I do have rights. I have full guardianship over her, so yeah there has to be some type of rights there for me seeing I've taken over where both her mother and father have quit. And I may only be 8 years older than her but I am a very accomplished young women.

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
Actually I am a parent, and I do have rights. I have full guardianship over her, so yeah there has to be some type of rights there for me seeing I've taken over where both her mother and father have quit. And I may only be 8 years older than her but I am a very accomplished young women.
You are NOT legally this child's parent. NOT. Therefore you do not have constitutional rights. You cannot present yourself as her parent. You are her GUARDIAN. Different matters legally. When you mislead us -- which you did -- by stating this is "my child", you can't get proper information.

And the word is "woman". You are not more than one person.

LdiJ

I was not suggesting that you were not a good guardian. The point that I am making is that in a guardianship situation where the guardian is young, any school counselor could come up with a credible reason for having spoken to the student...even if their actual motive was to get information for their friend.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">