• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Help! Maryhurst Sucks!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Kogome7

I am 17. I got charges for fighting my mom and chasing her with a knife, so I am now stuck in a placement for at least 4 more months. I hate this place. Is there anyway for me to get out sooner? I've already talked to my social worker and therapist.

sandyclaus

I am 17. I got charges for fighting my mom and chasing her with a knife, so I am now stuck in a placement for at least 4 more months. I hate this place. Is there anyway for me to get out sooner? I've already talked to my social worker and therapist.
I'm thinking... NO.

Probably should have thought about the consequences of threatening your mom with a knife before you did something as foolish as that. What you are experiencing NOW is the consequences of your actions.

Think about what you did, and how much you hate living where you are. Perhaps it will keep you from doing something even more drastic and stupid which would land you in state prison or jail again.

Hot Topic

Contrary to what you think, people who chase other people with a knife are not supposed to have a good time in the place where the court sends them. I foresee your being "stuck" in other places where people will have a good time. With you.

Last edited:

Banned_Princess

Omg, you chased your mom with a knife? that should be a felony (in my book) kiddy jail till 18, then a year of grown up jail, just for good measure.

how come you have internet access at your facility?

PQN

You are lucky that your mom wanted you to get treatment more than she wanted to see you in jail. You are being offered intensive mental health treatment -- please try and comply with treatment and improve yourself.

In the real world, no one cares that you have a mental illness. If you attack someone (even if you think they deserve it), you will be spending time behind bars and not is a supportive RTC.

(Note to all: Maryhurst is a psychiatric youth treatment center for girls.)

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">