• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Help Me

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

DustinVols

Indiana

Recently we found out that my 15 year old fiance is pregnant. I'm excited and cant wait for everything to happen and be a happy father. But heres the thing. I'm 17. And i guess theres something in indiana law that says i can go to jail on rape charges even though we both agreed. Her parents do not wish to press charges against me and want me out of all this legal trouble. I'm not a bad kid. I'm passing all my classes and studying to be a computer tech at SECC. I'll graduate next year and get my diploma. Never had a run in with the police either. So am i still a candidate to be arrested and sent away? her birthday is may 19 and she'll be 16 and my birthday is june 11 when i turn 18. what do i do?

Dustin

AlanShore

Indiana

Recently we found out that my 15 year old fiance is pregnant.

Dustin
One 15 is to young to be engaged and pregnant. Thats just insane. What is wrong with you......There is nothing you can do to get out of the legal trouble.

Maybe others can lend you more advice on here than I can....but I say go get your head examined.

Last edited:

alnorth

From what I've found, I think your fine. The age of consent in Indiana is 16, but there is no crime if both are under 18. So, now: your 17 and she's 15, thats legal. May 19th, she'll be 16 before you turn 18 and your age would no longer matter. If your birthday came before hers though and you turned 18 while she was still 15, you may have had a problem unless you were married.

moburkes

Indiana

Recently we found out that my 15 year old fiance is pregnant. I'm excited and cant wait for everything to happen and be a happy father. But heres the thing. I'm 17. And i guess theres something in indiana law that says i can go to jail on rape charges even though we both agreed. Her parents do not wish to press charges against me and want me out of all this legal trouble. I'm not a bad kid. I'm passing all my classes and studying to be a computer tech at SECC. I'll graduate next year and get my diploma. Never had a run in with the police either. So am i still a candidate to be arrested and sent away? her birthday is may 19 and she'll be 16 and my birthday is june 11 when i turn 18. what do i do?

Dustin
Do you have a job? Are you prepared to work 40 hours while you go to school to support your child? Are you preparing for welfare to support your child?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">