• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Help my daugher is in jail

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

sheila_405

What is the name of your state?Kansas
My daughter who just turned 18 has been in jail for over two weeks now she is there for violating her court orderd curfew and was arrested for minor in consumption of alchool the judge set a $20,000 bond and wont reduce it.
now the judge is saying that he will only release her if she goes into a living independently program so the juvenille justice authorty is trying to find a place for her.
I guess the question i have is isent her bond a little high and can they make her go to this program

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
No, and yes.

It would appear that this is not the first time your daughter has been in trouble, and the judge seems understandably fed up with it.

BelizeBreeze

FINALLY a judge with some Cajone!

Quit whining and enabling your daughter. Or you can place a second mortgage on the home you expect to live in the rest of your lives and watch it be pissed away the NEXT time your drunk daughter thumbs her nose at the law.

sheila_405

not whining just need some advice

Im not whining this has been a very hard time for my family and was just wanting someone to talk to i know my daughter messed up big time and ill be the first to admit it but she also deserves to be treated fairly by our court system and where i live it all depends on what your last name is their has been other kids that have done alot worse than her and are still walking our streets.It just seems like i cant get no answers they were supposed to transfer her to a living independently program at 8am this morning and bring her by here to get her things but I havent heard nothing all day and when i call to the sheriffs office to see if she is still there they wont tell me anything.
im sorry if you think im being a whiner but im just worried about her im sorry that is what a parent does.

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

sheila_405 said:
Im not whining this has been a very hard time for my family and was just wanting someone to talk to i know my daughter messed up big time and ill be the first to admit it but she also deserves to be treated fairly by our court system and where i live it all depends on what your last name is their has been other kids that have done alot worse than her and are still walking our streets.It just seems like i cant get no answers they were supposed to transfer her to a living independently program at 8am this morning and bring her by here to get her things but I havent heard nothing all day and when i call to the sheriffs office to see if she is still there they wont tell me anything.
im sorry if you think im being a whiner but im just worried about her im sorry that is what a parent does.

My response:

God!!

Take an English lesson or three!

If you want to help your daughter, LEARN HOW TO COMMUNICATE!!!

IAAL

sheila_405

english lesson ah ok i didnt realize i would be critizied for the way i type sorry if that offended you but i came to this site for some advice i think you could use a few or three lessons in communication

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
What "others" are doing is moot. For whatever reason, your daughter's situation was enough to warrant - in the judge's mind - this punishment.

smutlydog

sheila_405 said:
My daughter who just turned 18 has been in jail for over two weeks now she is there for violating her court orderd curfew and was arrested for minor in consumption of alchool the judge set a $20,000 bond and wont reduce it.
now the judge is saying that he will only release her if she goes into a living independently program so the juvenille justice authorty is trying to find a place for her.
I guess the question i have is isent her bond a little high and can they make her go to this program
can they make her go to this program
Why are you against her getting help?

sheila_405

Im not against her getting help that is why i agreed for her to go to this program i want her to continue with school and learn how to make it out there in this world but the authorities are not telling us nothing they were supposed to come and pick her up and take her to this place at 8am this morning and to fill us in about where she will be going and what this place offers heck i dont even know the name of it and when i call to find out if shes still at the sheriffs office they wont tell me anything so i dont know whats going on.
I want my daughter to get the help she needs but i also would like some answers is that to much to ask for.

Kane

sheila_405 said:
I think the bond is high, but I don't know all the facts (for example, what she was originally put on probation for), and, in any case, my opinion doesn't count.

As far as whether the judge can make her go to the program... I think the answer is "yes."

I'm sorry you're having trouble getting answers. I know how frustrating it can be. All you can do is keep calling. Does she have a probation officer? Very often they know more than anyone about what's going on.

sheila_405

This site is a joke and I will not waste no more time here.I have read over some of the other posts that and then the comments, and your senior members claim to be professinals.some of the comments you have left are down right ignorant and very childish.you are supposed to be able to come here for help what a joke.
There are people that are going through hell and you claim that you want to help with advice then why do you waste your time replying with garbage than actully helping with some good sound advice.

HomeGuru

sheila_405 said:
This site is a joke and I will not waste no more time here.I have read over some of the other posts that and then the comments, and your senior members claim to be professinals.some of the comments you have left are down right ignorant and very childish.you are supposed to be able to come here for help what a joke.

**A: No way. We have never, EVER claimed to be professinals. What's a professinal anyway? When I was young I had to go to a church professinal to profess my sins.
"You are supposed to be able to come here for help what a joke" We don't come here for help but must admit that some writers like you are a joke.

sheila_405

You claim to be lawyers dont you if you are what the heck are you doing on a fourm anyway i guess that tells it all must not have no clients (ummm imagine that).like i said WHAT A JOKE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">