• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Help please!!!!!!!!!!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

mike232

My son got class 1 misdemeanor with school, that's his first offense. He is a straight A student throughout middle and high school, but made a huge mistake. Will we be able to expunge his misdemeanor? He is currently 16 years, sophomore. What is the possible penalties and fees? He is a good kid but hes temper is really bad, which its my fault as a parent, but I really don't want this to ruin his life, he has dreams, goals and a bright future ahead of him but I'm really concerned right now.
*We want him to plead guilty in the upcoming court.
Please help, thank you in advance.

quincy

My son got class 1 misdemeanor with school, that's his first offense. He is a straight A student throughout middle and high school, but made a huge mistake. Will we be able to expunge his misdemeanor? He is currently 16 years, sophomore. What is the possible penalties and fees? He is a good kid but hes temper is really bad, which its my fault as a parent, but I really don't want this to ruin his life, he has dreams, goals and a bright future ahead of him but I'm really concerned right now.
What exactly is the Class 1 misdemeanor for?

Generally speaking (and, of course, this depends on the specific facts), no one should plead guilty at their first appearance in court and should instead plead not guilty, using the time between the first court appearance and subsequent hearing to review all facts with an attorney. A misdemeanor conviction is a good way to limit future opportunities for your son. There might be a way for him to escape the conviction through (and again this depends on the specific facts) a diversion program for first offenders.

Just Blue

^
Q. Can't say.

I have questions for you.
1. Why was you son arrested. ?
2. Why is this your "fault"?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">