• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

HELP! shoplifting

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

aznkikaz

What is the name of your state? California

I have been caught shoplifting at Fry's Electronics this past month.. Police came and arrested me. Im only 16 years old. First offense. AP Student. Just had a whim of doing this. Total of the stolen items was about 130 dollars... Court date sometime in May?

All i want to ask is if it will affect my SCHOOL career from now on? i.e getting into college and not getting in trouble with the school?

I am willing and my parents are willing to do whatever possible to to keep my private life out of my school work. Is there any chance to keep this as secret as possible and not make it affect it?

Help and suggestion is seriously needed...

Thank you all.

EDIT: I do plan on pleading guilty and will have a good lawyer along... will showing with the judge that what I did was stupid and proving that I am a good student and just had the stupid urge to do such a thing help with my sentence a little?

Last edited:

undergroundthry

Yes. This had me worried too, but then again, my problem isn't as severe as yours. I talked to my counselor about this, and he told me that, "If you're guilty of the crime (tried in criminal court), it will show up on your records. Now this depends on whether the college does or does not look at your records. A traffic case is a different scenario" (paraphrase).

Maybe this does you some good or maybe it doesn't, but let the "real" guys talk to you about it.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">