• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Help Underage

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
But OG you just dont seem to understand that of course he has the right to decline a breathalyzer test! Its his constitutional right!
And the PD's right would then be to immediatly slap the verdict of assumed guilt right on his constitutional self ;)
Okay let me rephrase -- Legally he can decline. And legally he can also immediately lose his license for declining. They have arrested and convicted people of DUI/OVI when the perosn was in the passenger seat of the vehicle.

Isn't my favorite case of DUI but still it has happened.

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
To this kid asking for guidance and help, acts like they never illegally drank before, and it amazes me that you can all be so judgemental.. None of you offered any advice or direction or even PRAISED the fact that he was smart enough to have a designated driver. All of you, get off your high horse, and if you don't I sure hope none of you have children and treat them with such little compassion. It's how kids and young adults learn! When they are given the opportunity to stand, and fall, all on their own... Adults should guide children, especially when they reach out for help.
I should praise the law breaking minor for having an idiot driving? Its dark and the person didn't turn on the headlights. Oh that makes me feel so much better.

As for you, drunk little college boy, what exactly are they charging you with?? When I was 18 I got an MIP (minor in possession) because I was hammered and I ran out of the party with a beer in my hand. As bad as the ticket looks, it is very unlikely that it will stay that bad. When I got my ticket for the MIP, I was terrified because the citation was marked down as a misdomenor and I knew it would stay on my record. However, I appeared in court and as long as I met a few court ordered requirements (AA Classes mostly) before my next court appearance, my misdomeanor would be dropped to an infraction and within a year was completely dropped from my record. If you want help and advice, you have to tell me what the citation says, including the offense number, but just breath and relax, this isnt going to be a life changing issue. The police are going to make you do classes and meet requirements for court and make you pay restitutions. Think of it as you're first adult time out! And get back to me about the citation!
Its not going to be a life changing issue? What a shame. You are aware that it could make it harder for him to get clearance for some jobs? And the police are NOT going to make him do anything. That is NOT how it works in Ohio. Should I continue? Please tell us what state YOU are in that has the police making people do things such as classes.

punkrox_08

If you want help and advice, you have to tell me what the citation says, including the offense number, but just breath and relax, this isnt going to be a life changing issue. The police are going to make you do classes and meet requirements for court and make you pay restitutions. Think of it as you're first adult time out! And get back to me about the citation!
First and foremost, thank you for the assistance and guidance. The citation is a 4301-69E1 Underage Consumption, knowingly while under the age of 21 years, did possess or consume alcoholic beverage.

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
First and foremost, thank you for the assistance and guidance. The citation is a 4301-69E1 Underage Consumption, knowingly while under the age of 21 years, did possess or consume alcoholic beverage.
Here you go -- why couldn't you google?

(2)(a) If a person is charged with violating division (E)(1) of this section in a complaint filed under section 2151.27 of the Revised Code, the court may order the child into a diversion program specified by the court and hold the complaint in abeyance pending successful completion of the diversion program. A child is ineligible to enter into a diversion program under division (E)(2)(a) of this section if the child previously has been diverted pursuant to division (E)(2)(a) of this section. If the child completes the diversion program to the satisfaction of the court, the court shall dismiss the complaint and order the child's record in the case sealed under sections 2151.356 to 2151.358 of the Revised Code. If the child fails to satisfactorily complete the diversion program, the court shall proceed with the complaint.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">