• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

High School - death threats, harassment, possible cover-up with school officials...

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

schooldazed

What is the name of your state? California Town population < 100,000.

Here's the deal...

A friend of mine is under 18 years old and is being harrassed at a small town California high school. A group of ~6 other individuals have continually harassed my friend for the past 2 weeks. There have also been death threats sent my members of this group and posted to my friends myspace account.

My friend has spoken with conselors, teachers & the principle of the school about this. A simple change of lunch schedules and transfer out of one or two classes would allow my friend to return back to a normal high school life again.

Until then, my friend is scared to go to school and my friends ability to learn is being servely effected by the constant harrassment.

The teachers SAY they are unable to do anything to stop it. They refuse to transfer my friend or do anything to resolve this issue.

And here lies the possible cover-up / collusion.... a couple members of the harassing group have parents that are on the local (small town) police force here. A couple of the school officials also have spouses that are on the police force. They are all very good friends. Do the math.

The death threats that have been made on myspace are about the only "hard evidence" that my friend has. But I would imagine that this could possibly go a long way.

My friend told the school officials about these threads as well, but they said since they happened off of school property, that nothing could be done.

You know what else happens off school property? The BBQ's and elbow rubbing between these school officials and the parents of these bully kids.

:mad:

So what are my friends options here?

rmet4nzkx

Your friend should tell their parents who can in turn take legal action, possibly a restraining order. If the death threats are being made on the internet, that can be reported to the FBI because the internet is federal.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">