• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

how can i attempt to amend a ordinance

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

What is the name of your state? san francisco CA

i am 17 and was in juvy for 6 counts of:

SEC. 602. SALE OR POSSESSION OF SLING SHOTS, AIR GUNS OR TOYS PROJECTING MISSILES BY AIR OR GAS PROHIBITED.

i see the NRA trying to amend prop H which prevents posession of firearms in san francisco, what can i do to campaign to change this ridiculous ordinance, and if the law happens to change in the future am i entitled to get all my airsoft guns and sling shots back

and can i go on the street gathering signatures and have it on the ballot

CdwJava

Since you are not old enough to vote, you can't have much of a direct impact.

What you can do is investigate how laws are amended in San Francisco. I suspect that you will have to have the support of a councilman or someone on the city staff to help re-write the law. have you thought to write or speak to any of the local legislators?

But, with S.F. being as anti-gun as it is, I am not at all surprised that they have effectively outlawed toy guns.

I suspect that if you were not trying to SELL these things you never would have had a problem.

- Carl

i am just wondering if the ainti gun was sucessfully amended, and most likely the toy gun law will too, will i get all my guns back so i will be back in business in ebay?

CdwJava

galileo415 said:
i am just wondering if the ainti gun was sucessfully amended, and most likely the toy gun law will too, will i get all my guns back so i will be back in business in ebay?
That's a big "maybe". But by the time it gets resolved, there will likely be bigger and better toys on the market to sell. I'd write these off for the time being.

You may not want to push the issue because unless YOU are paying taxes on this enterprise, and unless YOU have the proper licenses and permits, YOU can face far more serious charges than a muni code violation.

- Carl

CdwJava

galileo415 said:
i am paying the taxes on these bb guns, so what should i do now, something or nothing
No business license or permits for a home business?

You might want to check with the city to see what would be required for you to conduct such a business out of your home.

- Carl

CdwJava said:
No business license or permits for a home business?

You might want to check with the city to see what would be required for you to conduct such a business out of your home.

- Carl
it is a business license, not a home license, but i dont think that is why i am in trouble

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">