• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

How do I drop charges against my son?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

wdion

How do I drop battery charges against my son? I live in Wisconsin. He is currently in detention and I want to drop the charges before his court appearance tomorrow, June 6th at 1:30PM.

JETX

wdion said:
How do I drop battery charges against my son? I live in Wisconsin. He is currently in detention and I want to drop the charges before his court appearance tomorrow, June 6th at 1:30PM.
Assuming that this is a case of 'domestic battery'.... you don't.

infidel_lola

You want to "drop the charges" WHY?

The whole reason why the laws were changed in respect of DV was because so many aggressive partners intimidated people into "dropping the charges".

If you pressed charges against your son, then for those charges to stick there must have been some kind of evidence.

If you're asking us how you can get him out of the charges in order for him to do the same thing again, you need to pay lawyers to do that.

If *you* didn't press the charges, then *you* cannot drop them. As battery is not a civil offence, I'm guessing those charges were filed against him by the police.

If you're asking "how do I get out of being a compellable witness", then ask that question.

In order for battery charges to have been laid in the first place SOMEONE presented evidence of physical injury to the police.

Perhaps there is more information you'd like to share with us about this specific case.

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

My response:

In open court, you turn to the Assistant D.A. and say, "I'd like to drop the charges against my son."

The A.D.A. looks to the left, then to the right, then back at you, and says, "Are we on Candid Camera?" Then he just busts up laughing, "BWWAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHA". Then, the entire courtroom busts out laughing!!

IAAL

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">