• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

how old????

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Ivy Thade

What is the name of your state? ca

can a female move out at the age aof 17 1/2 into a best friends family's house.

Ivy Thade

her mother dose but the father and stepmother do not and she wants to finish her school. she graduates on june 9th and the step mother is moving the family before she can graduate. that id the reason she's trying to find out what she can do

Happy Trails

Ivy Thade said:
her mother dose but the father and stepmother do not and she wants to finish her school. she graduates on june 9th and the step mother is moving the family before she can graduate. that id the reason she's trying to find out what she can do
So the father has full custody of the daughter, right?

Until she becomes an adult, she does as her parents tell her.

Have you tried reasoning with your father and asking him if he will allow you to finish school where you are at?

Ivy Thade

no the father has only hafe custody and this is for my little sisters friend.
she has tried to talk to her father and he says it is up to her step mother, who dosent like her because she is not HER child. the step mother is also trying to hang on to her because she is the oldest of 9 children the next in line being 8. Meghan is left alone with the children sometimes being pulled out of school to babysit them. while her step mother goes to reno and shops all day. I dont like to meddle but I dont think she is mentaly stable enough to take this without her father not being there for her.

Happy Trails

Ivy Thade said:
no the father has only hafe custody and this is for my little sisters friend.
she has tried to talk to her father and he says it is up to her step mother, who dosent like her because she is not HER child. the step mother is also trying to hang on to her because she is the oldest of 9 children the next in line being 8. Meghan is left alone with the children sometimes being pulled out of school to babysit them. while her step mother goes to reno and shops all day. I dont like to meddle but I dont think she is mentaly stable enough to take this without her father not being there for her.
She has to go along with what her parents tell her. They are the boss until she reaches age of majority.

Anyone that takes her in could be charged with harboring a runaway, contributing to the delinquency of a minor, interfering with parental control... without the consent of her parents.

Happy Trails

dnelson6 said:
it may be possible for the girl to be emancipated then she can choose.
She would have to prove to the court that she could support herself (See below). Also not going to happen before she turns 18.

The minor is managing his or her own financial affairs. As evidence of this, the minor shall complete and attach a declaration of income and expenses as provided in Section 1285.50 of the California Rules of Court.

Ivy Thade

what if her father leaves the country then dose her mother get full custody??

and can the stepmother get custody??

Ivy Thade

no I am 24 have two children of my own and I am trying to see if there is anything she can do to get away from her stepmother.

AHA

Ivy Thade said:
no I am 24 have two children of my own and I am trying to see if there is anything she can do to get away from her stepmother.
So why were you pretending to be someone else in your other thread?

The problem with you doing that, is that people here will get the story from a third party (you), who will not have 100% info of what is really going on, only the 17 year old herself can vouch for her situation. For accurate legal advice it is vital to get the story from the person in question, since there might be details that you do not know about, that will make some advice totally not applicable and can do more harm than good.

Ivy Thade

all I need to know at this point is can her stepmother get coustdy????

if you can't help then leave me alone she cant get on the computer because her stepmom onlys lets her go to school. nothing else. this is not a joke it is a serious problem. I fear if shes not helped she will take her own life

AHA

Ivy Thade said:
all I need to know at this point is can her stepmother get coustdy????

if you can't help then leave me alone she cant get on the computer because her stepmom onlys lets her go to school. nothing else. this is not a joke it is a serious problem. I fear if shes not helped she will take her own life
Calm down. Asking for honesty on a legal advice site shouldn't be too much to ask for, but I obviously struck a nerve.

Good luck

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">