• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

I am 17 years old and my parents dont let me go out on dates .

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

pattgt

I am 17 years old and my parents dont let me go out on dates. I feel frustrated and depressed. I dont want to run away because they say that if i do they will never open the doors to house for me ever again. What I should I do ? I know that if Im 17 I am responsible for my legal actions.....

TEXAS

Last edited:

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
Your parents are the boss of you until you turn 18. Period. If they don't want to allow you to date, you don't date.

It really is that simple.

JETX

pattgt said:
I am 17 years old and my parents dont let me go out on dates. I feel frustrated and depressed. I dont want to run away because they say that if i do they will never open the doors to house for me ever again. What I should I do ?
As long as you live in their house, taking use of THEIR benefits.... you do whatever it is that they tell you to do.

I know that if Im 17 I am responsible for my legal actions.....
Not really true. You are not considered able to 'terminate' your parents involvement in your life until your 18th birthday. On that day, you can move out and tell your parents thank you for taking care of you for 18 years.

seniorjudge

pattgt said:
I am 17 years old and my parents dont let me go out on dates. I feel frustrated and depressed. I dont want to run away because they say that if i do they will never open the doors to house for me ever again. What I should I do ? I know that if Im 17 I am responsible for my legal actions.....

TEXAS

Q: What I should I do ?

A: Get down on your knees and thank your favorite deity for parents who have good brains and the guts to enforce common sense in their kid. (If you are an atheist, thank random, blind chance.)

http://www.bostoncoop.net/lcd/emancipation/emancipation_chart.html

Standard answer on emancipation: get a full time job and support yourself 100%; that will help you prove emancipation.

MrsK

Oh lord.

You cant go on dates and so you want to run away???? Do you know how lame that sounds? Obviously not since you are posting the question. Dont worry, you will feel stupid for asking it once you wisen up a little as an adult.

Tough it out until you are 18, then you get to do what you want.

rmet4nzkx

I'll bet they don't let you drinkk alcohol or do drugs either, think of the time you are losing while your peers are getting pregnant and having welfare babies and giving up their dreams of an education and something better for their children because they have to wait to have some maturity.

You can chose your friends but you can't chose your parents.

HomeGuru

rmet4nzkx said:
I'll bet they don't let you drinkk alcohol or do drugs either, think of the time you are losing while your peers are getting pregnant and having welfare babies and giving up their dreams of an education and something better for their children because they have to wait to have some maturity.

You can chose your friends but you can't chose your parents.

**A: and many are cold but few are frozen. The word is choose, like if you got a new pair of shoes. They say "chop choose man"

AHA

pattgt said:

TEXAS
Don't worry, you'll be "suffering" the meat market out there soon enough. Don't be in such a rush, you'll be longing for this age/time in a few years.

Wolflmg

pattgt said:

TEXAS

There isn't anything you can legaly do for that. I'm sure your parents are just doing that becasue their looking out for you. Just wait a year until your 18 and then your an adult and can do whatever you want, well almost everything.

JETX

Wolflmg said:
There isn't anything you can legaly do for that. I'm sure your parents are just doing that becasue their looking out for you. Just wait a year until your 18 and then your an adult and can do whatever you want, well almost everything.
What a wonderful post!!! Only it was already said by SEVERAL previous posts.

Wolflmg

JETX said:
What a wonderful post!!! Only it was already said by SEVERAL previous posts.
Yeah, I know. I just thought I would had my two cents, just in case the OP didn't listen to the other post befoe mine.

Wolflmg said:
Yeah, I know. I just thought I would had my two cents, just in case the OP didn't listen to the other post befoe mine.
Hey! Where are all the spelling cops that pick on the kids for their typos? :D :D "had my two cents", "befoe" :confused: :eek: :D :rolleyes:

pattgt

:rolleyes: Listen all of yall!!!!! I know I am responsible for what I do once Im 17!!!! For example if I have truancy for school I have to go not my parents. If I was 16 my parents would have to go and it would have been their reasponsibility to pay!!! Now that that has been clarified I only came on here to know what was the best legal action I could take !!! Not for someone to tell me that I cant "terminate" my parents. I also dont know where you get the impression that I would turn out to be a pregnant teenager expecting welfare for a baby. MAYBE somebody else needs common sense. Yeah I dont have a full time job and I dont pay 100% of the bills!!! But I do have a part time job, go to school and pay half of the electricity and water bills. And fill up the gas every week for my moms truck. Now if their is something else to be said or be critized about please do me a favor and write back !!!!! :D

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">