• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

I don't get it

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Marsha G

What is the name of your state?Texas Can an officer bring a minor(16) home after she has been called in as a runaway, ask and get permission to search her room, find something illegal, tell the adult at home to flush it, leave a number of a judge for the parent to call, and then go back to the station to file a report without the minor or having written a ticket or anything? How does a judge get involved without charges? Didn't the officer tell the adult to destroy evidence? I don't get it!

seniorjudge

Marsha G said:
What is the name of your state?Texas Can an officer bring a minor(16) home after she has been called in as a runaway, ask and get permission to search her room, find something illegal, tell the adult at home to flush it, leave a number of a judge for the parent to call, and then go back to the station to file a report without the minor or having written a ticket or anything? How does a judge get involved without charges? Didn't the officer tell the adult to destroy evidence? I don't get it!
You have started five threads on this subject.

A. Delete them all except this one.

and

2. THEN tell us what you are talking about.

Until you do those two things, you will get no help.

CdwJava

Marsha G said:
Can an officer bring a minor(16) home after she has been called in as a runaway
Apparently so.

ask and get permission to search her room,
Consent is an exception to the warrant requirement, so, yes.

find something illegal, tell the adult at home to flush it,
Depends on what it is. This is not a GOOD idea, but it could be done I suppose.

leave a number of a judge for the parent to call, and then go back to the station to file a report without the minor or having written a ticket or anything?
Of course. Not every contact will result in an arrest.

How does a judge get involved without charges? Didn't the officer tell the adult to destroy evidence? I don't get it!
The officer may be putting the parents in touch with a judge who might be able to assist with the child's incorrigable nature. Apparently the child takes off and uses dope. It sounds like the parents need some help.

Other than that, you will need to be a little more clear as to what you want.

- Carl

Marsha G

Carl-Thanks for the reply even though I am having trouble navigating the site. Other responses have not been so kind

CdwJava

Marsha G said:
Carl-Thanks for the reply even though I am having trouble navigating the site. Other responses have not been so kind
Aside from navigating the site, clearly communicating your issue would be a big help. There are many people here that provide assistance - many who are attorneys and others with substantial lay knowledge in particular areas and states, and they like to see the circumstances surrounding a question articulated clearly.

It can be difficult to read through ambiguous ramblings ...I'm not saying your post was ambiguous or rambling, but, it was not too clear. I simply sought to answer based upon what I could make out.

Good luck.

- Carl

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">