• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

I go to court June 15th -tommarow. help

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

MikeyjWest

What is the name of your state? TEXAS

I admitted to drinking when asked by an officer and recieved a citation for Minor In Consumption. How bad is a MIC? Will I not be able to find work because I admitted to drinking beer? Can I get it expunged and if I can is it really worth it? Will I still have to pay the fine? Please help. What do I wear to court? The worst part of all this is my 21st birthday is in 3 days on the 17th.

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
MikeyjWest said:
What is the name of your state? TEXAS

I admitted to drinking when asked by an officer and recieved a citation for Minor In Consumption. How bad is a MIC? Will I not be able to find work because I admitted to drinking beer? Can I get it expunged and if I can is it really worth it? Will I still have to pay the fine? Please help. What do I wear to court? The worst part of all this is my 21st birthday is in 3 days on the 17th.
Yes you will have to pay the fine. You can probably get it expunged after serving your sentence and staying out of trouble for a length of time determined by Texas. What kind of work are you looking for? You probably won't get hired to work for the liquor control board. Teaching may prove difficult.
What do you do in court? Senior judge has a whole list of stuff.
Dress nice. No tshirts with lettering -- no tshirts actually. No jeans. No shorts. No sandals. No cell phones. Wear a dress shirt and dress pants.

magic55

Ohiogal is right. Use the tips she listed. It isnt a very serious charge, so panic. You will pay fine and maybe get some community service. Since your a first time offender the record will probally be expunged or maybe pleaded down to a lesser offense. So dont panic. Let us know how it goes tomarrow.
Best of Luck,
Brandon

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">