• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

I got arrested for possession of Marijuana and Drug Paraphernalia.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

MightyMouse

What is the name of your state? NJ
Hey my name in J and i am 17 and i have a couple questions to ask. i was sittin in my car with 2 friends behind a baseball feild not belonging to my highschool but very close 2 it. This narc passes by to see wat i was doin. now the schooled got tagged up ( spray painted by some other school) a few hours yearlier and the cop suspected me of doin it. so he searched my car, just the interior. then cop saw a razor and found my blunt wit no more than .2 grams of weed my other friend swallowed the rest. be then a couple of cops were there ( 3 to be exact) one cop grabed my blunt and walked away. the other cop proceeded to check my trunk and glove and the rest of my car basically and he found a scale and a bout 110 empty baggies, he also checked an old coat which had 3 bags with little particles of marijuana (its called the hairs of the plant, very little amount tho). he immediatley arrested me and my two friends. my two friends are 15 and 16 years old. at first i stated that everything was mine and that my friends had nothing to do with it. now when i was in a room with a bench and a bar with my hand locked to it, he was righting a report or something. i saw all the evidence he had. all that was there was my scale and those three bags and the 110 baggies. my blunt or weed wasn't there. he charged me with possesion of marijuna and drug paraphernalia. my father came to pic me up. my father told me that that the officer sadi i was smoking the weed, THAT WAS NOT TRUE, i was about too smoke it. that just about summs it all up. My questions are what can i do,? What can i be charged with? can i fight it? What should i do? and most important what am i looking at? Thank you and i would appreciate all the help i can get.What is the name of your state?

Shay-Pari'e

MightyMouse said:
Hey my name in J and i am 17 and i have a couple questions to ask. i was sittin in my car with 2 friends behind a baseball feild not belonging to my highschool but very close 2 it. This narc passes by to see wat i was doin. And the Narc is who? A cop or just another teenage idiot?

now the schooled got tagged up ( spray painted by some other school) a few hours yearlier So you have proof?

and the cop suspected me of doin it. so he searched my car, just the interior. then cop saw a razor and found my blunt wit no more than .2 grams of weed my other friend swallowed the rest. be then a couple of cops were there ( 3 to be exact) one cop grabed my blunt and walked away. the other cop proceeded to check my trunk and glove and the rest of my car basically and he found a scale and a bout 110 empty baggies, he also checked an old coat which had 3 bags with little particles of marijuana (its called the hairs of the plant, very little amount tho). Gee, thanks for educating us.

he immediatley arrested me and my two friends. my two friends are 15 and 16 years old. at first i stated that everything was mine and that my friends had nothing to do with it. now when i was in a room with a bench and a bar with my hand locked to it, he was righting a report or something. i saw all the evidence he had. all that was there was my scale and those three bags and the 110 baggies. my blunt or weed wasn't there. he charged me with possesion of marijuna and drug paraphernalia. my father came to pic me up. my father told me that that the officer sadi i was smoking the weed, THAT WAS NOT TRUE, i was about too smoke it. that just about summs it all up. My questions are what can i do,? What can i be charged with? can i fight it? What should i do? and most important what am i looking at? Thank you and i would appreciate all the help i can get.What is the name of your state?
What should you do?

Do you care about yourself? If you do, you will get off every drug that you are on. You can get an education and learn how to spell, this post is embarrassing for you.

You are a child on drugs, who got caught, and your mission is how to get out of it?

Frankly, if you do not change, you will have a life behind bars. I really don't know if you will get this, I have a feeling you won't.

The questions that you asked cannot be answered.

MoneyShot

MightyMouse said:
What should i do? and most important what am i looking at? Thank you and i would appreciate all the help i can get.
You can grab your ankles and try to relax. :eek: I don't know what you're looking at now but I can guess you'll soon be looking at Bubba's nether regions.

Aside from that, Shay offered some good advice above. I'd suggest reading it again and heeding what's offered there.

Neal1421

MightyMouse said:
Hey my name in J and i am 17 and i have a couple questions to ask. i was sittin in my car with 2 friends behind a baseball feild not belonging to my highschool but very close 2 it. This narc passes by to see wat i was doin. now the schooled got tagged up ( spray painted by some other school) a few hours yearlier and the cop suspected me of doin it. so he searched my car, just the interior. then cop saw a razor and found my blunt wit no more than .2 grams of weed my other friend swallowed the rest. be then a couple of cops were there ( 3 to be exact) one cop grabed my blunt and walked away. the other cop proceeded to check my trunk and glove and the rest of my car basically and he found a scale and a bout 110 empty baggies, he also checked an old coat which had 3 bags with little particles of marijuana (its called the hairs of the plant, very little amount tho). he immediatley arrested me and my two friends. my two friends are 15 and 16 years old. at first i stated that everything was mine and that my friends had nothing to do with it. now when i was in a room with a bench and a bar with my hand locked to it, he was righting a report or something. i saw all the evidence he had. all that was there was my scale and those three bags and the 110 baggies. my blunt or weed wasn't there. he charged me with possesion of marijuna and drug paraphernalia. my father came to pic me up. my father told me that that the officer sadi i was smoking the weed, THAT WAS NOT TRUE, i was about too smoke it. that just about summs it all up. My questions are what can i do,? What can i be charged with? can i fight it? What should i do? and most important what am i looking at? Thank you and i would appreciate all the help i can get.What is the name of your state?
Hire a lawyer if you are going to try to fight it, although I don't see how you can.

Lay off the drugs.

The Occultist

You're lucky you are only being charged with possession. The baggies and the scale would be more than enough to convict you of intent to distribute, which is an even more serious charge. You need to find out what diversion programs are available to you. These diversion programs are intended to turn "first-timers" around and set them on the right track. Typically, differred prosecution will entail court fees and probation, with the removal of the charge(s) upon successful completion. If able, take this opportunity and stay off the dope.

Happy Trails

MightyMouse said:
....he charged me with possesion of marijuna and drug paraphernalia.

My questions are what can i do,? What can i be charged with? can i fight it? What should i do? and most important what am i looking at?
You already know what you are being charged with. Will they add charges? That we don't know.

The two charges you are facing now.

Possession less than 50 grams of marijuana in New Jersey is a disorderly persons offense, punishable by up to six months in jail and/or a fine of up to $1,000.

If you were within 1,000 feet of a school, this will add an additional 100 hours or more of community service to the sentence.

For the possession of paraphernalia charge, it is also punishable by up to six months in jail and/or a fine up to $1,000.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">