• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

I was just black mailed by a high schooler

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Caiman02

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Pennsylvania

Hello so an odd thing happened to me. I'm a homosexual man and I was using the app Jack'd to hook up with someone. I came in contact with someone nearby their profile said they were 18 and willing to have intercourse. So he came over and we did the deed and he left. Two minutes later he came back knocking at my door telling me he was actually 15 and if I didn't pay him money he would call the police and tell them that I had sex with him and that it was rape. He then forced me to pay $70 and then left. Should I have called the police on him/ should I inform the police of this incident?

Ohiogal

Queen Bee

Hello so an odd thing happened to me. I'm a homosexual man and I was using the app Jack'd to hook up with someone. I came in contact with someone nearby their profile said they were 18 and willing to have intercourse. So he came over and we did the deed and he left. Two minutes later he came back knocking at my door telling me he was actually 15 and if I didn't pay him money he would call the police and tell them that I had sex with him and that it was rape. He then forced me to pay $70 and then left. Should I have called the police on him/ should I inform the police of this incident?
You raped this child. That is a problem.
http://www.ageofconsent.com/pennsylvania.htm

If he was under the age of 16 and you are older than 19, you raped him.

§ 3123. Involuntary deviate sexual intercourse.

(a) Offense defined.--A person commits a felony of the first degree when he or she engages in deviate sexual intercourse with a complainant:

1.by forcible compulsion;
2.by threat of forcible compulsion that would prevent resistance by a person of reasonable resolution;
3.who is unconscious or where the person knows that the complainant is unaware that the sexual intercourse is occurring;
4.where the person has substantially impaired the complainant's power to appraise or control his or her conduct by administering or employing, without the knowledge of the complainant, drugs, intoxicants or other means for the purpose of preventing resistance;
5.who suffers from a mental disability which renders him or her incapable of consent;
6.who is less than 13 years of age; or
7.who is less than 16 years of age and the person is four or more years older than the complainant and the complainant and person are not married to each other.
So if you report this 15 year old you may find yourself sentenced to prison.

quincy

I suggest that in the future you refrain from "doing the deed" with strangers until you verify their ages - or your bank account will be depleted rapidly.

If you want to make an anonymous tip to the police and explain the situation, you can do that.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
The OP doesn't now how old the kid is. I suspect that the kid actually is 18 and snookered the OP.

Just Blue

I suggest that in the future you refrain from "doing the deed" with strangers until you verify their ages - or your bank account will be depleted rapidly.

If you want to make an anonymous tip to the police and explain the situation, you can do that.
I love the opening line of: "I had an odd thing happen to me". ROTFLMBO!!

OP should edit to read: I had an predictable thing happen to me".;)

Ohiogal

Queen Bee

An anonymous tip will not go far however. They won't have anyone to testify about the situation.

quincy

An anonymous tip will not go far however. They won't have anyone to testify about the situation.
True. It probably won't help Caiman02 all that much. But a tip might alert the police to Jack'd, so they can monitor the activity - if they are not doing so already.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">