• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

I need info...

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

claudeth

What is the name of your state? Texas

Hello! my daugther is 17 years old .she got pregnant the last month ; her boyfriend is 19 years old,he is an illegal , He's from honduras He took her to live with him without any permision .Now she is living with her boyfriend parents they are illegal too as well is there something that I can do abaut it????please I need help. honestly i don't want my girl with him...He has been involved with drogs and staff like that. What can i do???:confused:

Silverplum

What is the name of your state? Texas

Hello! my daugther is 17 years old .she got pregnant the last month ; her boyfriend is 19 years old,he is an illegal , He's from honduras He took her to live with him without any permision .Now she is living with her boyfriend parents they are illegal too as well is there something that I can do abaut it????please I need help. honestly i don't want my girl with him...He has been involved with drogs and staff like that. What can i do???:confused:
What do you want to do?
Have the illegals deported? Call the INS. (This will affect future child support.)
Control your daughter's pregnancy? You can't.
Make your daughter move back home? I guess you could call the cops and see if they could help you with that. Report her as a runaway.

CdwJava

TX is (or recently was) one of the two or three states that have a loophole in the law that prevents the police from forcibly returning a 17-year-old to their parents' home. So, aside from diming the family off to the ICE, there may not be a whole lot you can legally do. You might consider calling the police as it might be possible to charge the kid with contributing to the delinquency of a minor or some similar statute, but don't count on that happening.

I do empathize, but your daughter appears to have made her decision. Your only real option might be to be prepared to take in your grandchild if/when your daughter hits rock bottom and the child is taken away.

Good luck, and God Bless you and yours.

- Carl

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">