• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

I need some advice on my situation.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

jesus123x

What is the name of your state? California

My situation is this...... I attend a highschool, im a 10th grader, after school one day my friend wants to jump a kid for his own reasons, he asks me to jump him with him, but i said no. as we walk to find the guy i walked with my friend, and he ran up on the victum and beat him sensless, i did not touch the kid at all. i ran away with my friend after he was done fighting to make sure he was ok. The next day im being accused of jumping the kid along with my friend. My school Principal claims to have witnesses stating they saw me both at the scene of the crime and that i threw in some punches on the kid. I received a 5 day suspension and now the Cops are involved. My friend is in juvy atm, and im waitng to see what happens to me. But see i have a small problem, i got scared of being accused so i had many of my friends say a false story to keep me away from even being accused, The Principal of my school interegated my frineds countless times in a 3 day period and got different storys out of them finally catching the lies. My principal told my friend lies that i told them something different so they can find out a different story from my friends. Pretty much i had them all say i left school before the fight happened. which in reality i was there, BUT i did not touch the kid. Now the victum is stating two people beat him up. Now he has a fractured skull. I gave my school the honest true story finally today, but im afraid they wont buy it and imma be convicted and kicked out of school, and sent to juvy with a felony assualt and battery, which i already have a record. "a couple of misdameanors"

My question is Do they have enough evidence to convict me ?, and I would like some advice on what i can and should do from now and out.

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
What is the name of your state? California

My situation is this...... I attend a highschool, im a 10th grader, after school one day my friend wants to jump a kid for his own reasons, he asks me to jump him with him, but i said no. as we walk to find the guy i walked with my friend, and he ran up on the victum and beat him sensless, i did not touch the kid at all. i ran away with my friend after he was done fighting to make sure he was ok. The next day im being accused of jumping the kid along with my friend. My school Principal claims to have witnesses stating they saw me both at the scene of the crime and that i threw in some punches on the kid. I received a 5 day suspension and now the Cops are involved. My friend is in juvy atm, and im waitng to see what happens to me. But see i have a small problem, i got scared of being accused so i had many of my friends say a false story to keep me away from even being accused, The Principal of my school interegated my frineds countless times in a 3 day period and got different storys out of them finally catching the lies. My principal told my friend lies that i told them something different so they can find out a different story from my friends. Pretty much i had them all say i left school before the fight happened. which in reality i was there, BUT i did not touch the kid. Now the victum is stating two people beat him up. Now he has a fractured skull. I gave my school the honest true story finally today, but im afraid they wont buy it and imma be convicted and kicked out of school, and sent to juvy with a felony assualt and battery, which i already have a record. "a couple of misdameanors"

My question is Do they have enough evidence to convict me ?, and I would like some advice on what i can and should do from now and out.

So you conspired with your friend, aided your friend, were an accessory to the crime, lied and had others lie and then you state you are telling the truth today... and if the above is the truth... yep you are guilty and can and hopefully will definitely be convicted. be prepared to spend time in juvy for your crimes.

CdwJava

My situation is this...... I attend a highschool, im a 10th grader, after school one day my friend wants to jump a kid for his own reasons, he asks me to jump him with him, but i said no. as we walk to find the guy i walked with my friend, and he ran up on the victum and beat him sensless, i did not touch the kid at all.
Nah, you didn't beat him, you just offered moral support or encouraged him. You COULD be charged with conspiracy to commit battery - a felony.

i ran away with my friend after he was done fighting to make sure he was ok.
How very nice of you to run away with the attacker to make sure the attacker was okay and not the guy who was - as you put it - beaten "senseless".

The next day im being accused of jumping the kid along with my friend.
You were there with him, it is likely you egged on your pal, and then you fled with him. What a shock that you would be accused as being a part of it! :eek:

Now the victum is stating two people beat him up. Now he has a fractured skull.
Wow - one crime after another ... getting friends to lie for you is a crime (by you AND them) ... being involved in a battery that cracks someone's skull is a serious, violent felony - one for which you can have a permanent "strike" allegation against you for the rest of your life.

I gave my school the honest true story finally today, but im afraid they wont buy it and imma be convicted and kicked out of school, and sent to juvy with a felony assualt and battery, which i already have a record. "a couple of misdameanors"
Of course they aren't going to believe you - this whole thing has been one lie upon another.

Okay, here is what you need to do (and I am holding my nose while I tell you) ... GET A LAWYER!! Stop talking to friends, family, the school, or your parents, and GET A LAWYER! You CAN go to kiddie prison (CYA) for years. Yes, your parents will have to pay for one, but you need one. It will likely require you taking a plea deal, and you might even have to testify against your pal, but if they don't have decent witnesses that can articulate you striking the victim you might get a deal. if they have good witnesses saying you landed some blows, you are in deeper kimshee.

Oh yeah, GET A LAWYER!!

- Carl

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">