• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

I wanna move out at 17

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Cristinadiaz16

I'm 16 and I was wondering if I can move out at the age of 17 I don't got a job or car but I wanna move out asap cause my family are not the best people my sister has punched me constantly and had a black eye and always keeping me in the house unless I visit my boyfriend

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
I'm 16 and I was wondering if I can move out at the age of 17 I don't got a job or car but I wanna move out asap cause my family are not the best people my sister has punched me constantly and had a black eye and always keeping me in the house unless I visit my boyfriend
Call the police next time she hits you.

You can't move out unless your parents/guardians say you can.

FlyingRon

You can talk to the police, or a teacher or counsellor at school if your parents aren't acting. However, we do NOT turn out abused (either by parents or siblings). The most drastic thing is that you'd be placed in an alternative (foster) care situation. If you think you're just going to be able to go shack up with a friend, you're deluded. Wait until you turn 18.

TheGeekess

Keeper of the Kraken
You can talk to the police, or a teacher or counsellor at school if your parents aren't acting. However, we do NOT turn out abused (either by parents or siblings). The most drastic thing is that you'd be placed in an alternative (foster) care situation. If you think you're just going to be able to go shack up with a friend, you're deluded. Wait until you turn 18.
Or 19, in some states. Since OP declined to answer the question of what state, we must be thorough. :cool:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">