• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

I'm A Teen In Trouble, Help

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Kape239

What is the name of your state? FL

This all started at a fight that happened after school on their property. A large group of were fighting and I got in the mix. Well next they I get called down and told I am being suspended. I somewhat expected this. The twist is when they told me and a select bunch of individuals that we were also going to jail. The deputy first said it was because the kids wanted to press chargers. While being transported to the facility the deputy then said it was the school pressing charges. I am really confused because a neutral party talk to the kids and found out that they do not really want to press charges and will drop them. I do not want this to be my second charge. My questions are:

1) How do I really find out who is pressing charges?
2) Can I write up a document and have the kid sign it to prove he is dropping the charges?
3) Should I hire a lawyer before then?

Thanks for the help. You can reach me at [email protected]

Just Blue

1. The victim files a complaint. The STATE presses charges.

2. That would be called "Witness Tampering or even "Witness Intimidation" or both.

3. Yes. Get an attorney.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">