• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Informal Probation?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

tweak

What is the name of your state? Illinois
I've posted two topics before, regarding a legal case I got myself into. Long Story short, me and my friend got arrested for retail theft. The county sent us a letter with from the probation department, saying that we will bypass the whole court procedure, and we will be put on informal probation for 90 days. So, I'm asking what exactly informal probation is, I have to meet with the officer on april 7th, but I want all the information I can get beforehand. My main question is will I be drug tested? I am not asking this question, so I can continue to smoke pot, but I am asking to it to see if I am going to need to find a way to clean myself out within the next week and a half.

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
How can you possibly expect us to know what WILL happen? The FA crystal ball is out being recalibrated.

Heather2

tweak said:
What is the name of your state? Illinois
I've posted two topics before, regarding a legal case I got myself into. Long Story short, me and my friend got arrested for retail theft. The county sent us a letter with from the probation department, saying that we will bypass the whole court procedure, and we will be put on informal probation for 90 days. So, I'm asking what exactly informal probation is, I have to meet with the officer on april 7th, but I want all the information I can get beforehand. My main question is will I be drug tested? I am not asking this question, so I can continue to smoke pot, but I am asking to it to see if I am going to need to find a way to clean myself out within the next week and a half.
Usually with informal probation you won't have to report to a probation officer regularly. If they decide to drug test you your first visit just be honest with your PO about what s/he might find. I seriously doubt you're going to find any detox that will clean you out that quick anyway.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">