• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Juvenal Record and Job Seeking

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Vincent11

California

With things like California Labor Code section 432.7(a);432.7 and the California 7 year rule, would it be necessary to seal my record to apply for a job at Target? Right now I can’t afford to have my record sealed, so I need a job. I’m currently eligible to sit for national testing for my EMT-B certificate. What I want to do is work at place such as Target, save up and come back to have my record sealed before I do my test for my EMT-B certificate. Dose that idea make since or do you think that a place like Target would find a Juvenile record that is nearly 10 years old? The charges are Felony Commercial Burglary and two Misdemeanor Public Intoxications.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
California

With things like California Labor Code section 432.7(a);432.7 and the California 7 year rule, would it be necessary to seal my record to apply for a job at Target? Right now I can’t afford to have my record sealed, so I need a job. I’m currently eligible to sit for national testing for my EMT-B certificate. What I want to do is work at place such as Target, save up and come back to have my record sealed before I do my test for my EMT-B certificate. Dose that idea make since or do you think that a place like Target would find a Juvenile record that is nearly 10 years old? The charges are Felony Commercial Burglary and two Misdemeanor Public Intoxications.
What "7 year rule" are you referring to? If you are asked about criminal convictions, you have to answer truthfully. I wouldn't expect to get a job at Target - but there are plenty of smaller stores that might be willing to hire you.

CdwJava

A private employer does not have access to juvenile court records. However, I would recommend that you get the record sealed all the same. That will allow you to answer differently on some applications without lying.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">