• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Juvenile Failure to Appear

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

prismatic1

Nebraska. I have a brother being tried in juvenile court for marijuana production. He has already been found guilty and is awaiting a sentence. If he was to flee to California what would be the consequences? Would he be extradited back to Nebraska? Would it affect him in any way after he becomes an adult? And would it be possible for them to transfer his case to adult court if he doesn't appear?

Answers would be appreciated, thanks

HomeGuru

Nebraska. I have a brother being tried in juvenile court for marijuana production. He has already been found guilty and is awaiting a sentence. If he was to flee to California what would be the consequences? Would he be extradited back to Nebraska?

**A: no, they would transport him down to Mexico.
Would it affect him in any way after he becomes an adult?

**A: no, not unless he wants to come back to the US.
And would it be possible for them to transfer his case to adult court if he doesn't appear?

**A: you never stated his age so how the heck would we know.

**A: I thought they only grew cows and corn in Nebraska.

Just Blue

Nebraska. I have a brother being tried in juvenile court for marijuana production. He has already been found guilty and is awaiting a sentence. If he was to flee to California what would be the consequences? Would he be extradited back to Nebraska? Would it affect him in any way after he becomes an adult? And would it be possible for them to transfer his case to adult court if he doesn't appear?

Ahh...yeah...it would affect him as an adult! The old and new charges won't just go away it he takes off....And as a matter of fact, I will guarantee you that if he pulls this stunt, he will spend much, much more time in prison than if he deals with his situation now. The warrants the police will issue will be good for life and cross state lines...that means if he gets pulled over for speeding, running a light or whatever...his warrant (s) WILL show and he will be arrested and will be extradited beck to Nebraska. He will never be able to get any kind of job or fly or schooling...his life will suck! Tell him to deal with this now and not make it worse!

Ozark_Sophist

A warrant would be issued for his arrest. The warrant will never die and will follow him into adulthood. Additional charges may result.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">